New Contributor

I have a Dennis Basso full length tuxedo mink coat I bought at least 7 years ago. My problem is it was a size 1x and I am now a size M/L .....I want to know if there is a way to have this re-sized?? The coat is so big and long it touches the ground & wraps around me twice..... Thanks for any help that may be given!!

Esteemed Contributor

probably going to his website would be better....or see if he has a FB account to ask him...not sure he reads these boards....good luck...

Honored Contributor

I just sold mine at a local second hand store and got $50...not bad for an old coat!

I bet you would be better off selling it and applying the proceeds to a new one.

Super Contributor

Why not take it to the person who does alterations ... and ask for a referral to someone who does furs.

Be aware - it's expensive to have done. It might be less expensive to donate the coat and buy a new one.

New Contributor
I was told by a seamstress that working on a faux fur is similar to working on a cloth coat, because faux fur is just fabric. A regular seamstress could probably alter the coat for you. If the alteration costs prove to be too costly, I recommend that you take a look at Donna Salyer's Fabulous Faux Furs at www.fabulousfurs.com She has the quality and traditional styling that DB used to have in his coats from 7 years ago, when his coats used to look like the real thing. Sadly, the DB line has really slipped. I'm surprised QVC is still keeping his line on the air.
Honored Contributor
I still suffer pangs of mourning for the demise of A50925. Luckily, I was able to purchase one in size 1X and one in size Large before they were "gone, gone, GONE", and although I am still losing weight I think the size Large will last me for a good long time. To me, this is where the Q utterly fails in meeting customer needs. That coat was still receiving RAVE reviews when it was totally discontinued. Seriously, why reinvent the wheel, when such a popular item is still selling to so many happy customers?