Honored Contributor

Dennis Basso Designs For Your Daughter

American fur designer Dennis Basso is launching a collection of luxury clothing for girls aged four to 12; which includes a sable fur coat priced at an eye-watering £30,000.

'In today's world, we're getting to a point where people are doing what they want to do,' Mr Basso, 60, told . 'For some, it's too much. For others, it's not.'

The collection, which will debut this autumn at Harrods in London - Europe's largest and most extravagant department store - also features a £2,500 embroidered party dress.

His dark brown, knee-swinging coat is crafted from the skin and fur of a sable - fluffy Russian mammals which somewhat resemble stoats or ferrets - and is modelled by a pretty but decidedly sulky-looking young girl.

Mr Basso - who launched his business 31 years ago selling animal pelts out of the trunk of a rented car, and now counts Debra Messing, Mary J Blige and Olivia Palermo as customers - correctly identifies that his kids collection is not to be larked around in.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso Designs For Your Daughter

Kim K. Was the first person I thought of when I read this. Money does not buy good taste or class.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

A50925, my favorite all around winter garment EVER, was available in a child's version here on the q YEARS ago, and if I had had a little girl relative at the time, I would have bought one for her.
Super Contributor

Hey, if you love it and can afford it, I say why not (for you or your daughter).

Respected Contributor