Occasional Contributor

Your clothing has become waaaaayyyyy too expensive.  A liquid knit tank and cardigan from Susan Graver is $63.96 plus shipping and handling plus tax.  A simple liquid knit top, over $49?  That is crazy.  For what you get, that price is a rip off!  I have been noticing this with many more designers that you carry, as well.  Looks like even your tried and true brand, Denim & Co., has been seeing a price hike.  You are pricing yourselves out of the market.  Please consider chopping $15 -$20 bucks off (yes that much) off of your items and you will sell and make a lot more.

Honored Contributor

@Sandy-WIThey might sell more items, but unless they can buy that same merchandise for $15/20 less than item, they will not make more. 

So, really, do you think Graver is not selling well?  Not making money for her company and for QVC?   Seems to me everytime I watch, the sales are large.  What am I missing?

Respected Contributor

QVC is NOT a discount retailer.....if that's what you are looking for. And the price increases reflects demand.  I buy almost no clothing from QVC as I can't stand liquid knit, and a lot of their clothing brands look cheesy to me.

I do buy from Isaac and Liz Claiborne and ONLY when it's all cotton. Can't stand spandex in most things,,,feels like rubber and does not breathe.

Honored Contributor

While that would be nice, I don't think that will happen.  Susan has a huge following and sells lots of clothes at the current price.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

QVC is NOT a discount retailer.....if that's what you are looking for. And the price increases reflects demand.  I buy almost no clothing from QVC as I can't stand liquid knit, and a lot of their clothing brands look cheesy to me.

I do buy from Isaac and Liz Claiborne and ONLY when it's all cotton. Can't stand spandex in most things,,,feels like rubber and does not breathe.

The "V" in QVC is supposed to stand for Value.  It no longer does.

Trusted Contributor

Dear Sandy,

Good luck with that.  Once they are forced to shut down a large part of their business, they'll probably consider that.  Don't count on that happening anytime soon.Woman Sad IMO

It's a good idea, though!!

Respected Contributor

Why is it so hard to understand that QVC doesn't want to sell in the market YOU want to shop in?  Are you writing any other retailers too?  I think Penneys is still carrying about 3 levels of clothing.  Surely, you can find something there(?)

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

Why is it so hard to understand that QVC doesn't want to sell in the market YOU want to shop in?  Are you writing any other retailers too?  I think Penneys is still carrying about 3 levels of clothing.  Surely, you can find something there(?)

@MomCat  I think your post is harsh.  I don't think it's "hard" for the poster to "understand."    I don't know anything about her, but those of us who are very longtime QVC shoppers know it used to offer Value (as in its name) and the clothing and other items generally were a bargain.  Not bargain-basement but a good deal.  It's been years since that was the case, but it's hard to get used to once used to it (and again, given it's part of QVC's name and supposedly was part of its reputation).   And there has been a drastic increase in prices in the past maybe three or so years.   This is the QVC chat forum so why shouldn't she mention it here?  I don't think your post is at all fair to that poster.

Trusted Contributor

Up until very recently, QVC never had sales. "Clearance" prices were about 5% lower. Now there are actually real sales, up to 50% off. They may be doing what most B&M retailer do. Start with inflated prices, so the sale prices look like a really good deal.

If you don't like the retail pricing, wait for a sale, or try ebay.

Trusted Contributor

I understand what the poster was saying.  To be perfectly honest, I don't buy much clothing from qvc either.  Once in a while I would buy a top or skirt from Susan Graver in her Premier Knit fabric as I hate liquid knit and all the other fabrics.  From the looks of things, I think the Premier Knit line is being phased out which means I won't be buying anything else.  I buy the majority of my apparel & accessories in the high end department stores & designer stores like Kate Spade either at full price or on sale.  I like beautiful fabrics, great style and perfect fit none of which I can get from qvc.  I don't think your going to see a price reduction from qvc.  You have to understand that its 2016 and just as apparel prices have gone up, it also costs them more to make.  They need to make a profit.  I do feel, however, that the increase in their prices and their manipulation of S&H along with customers now having to pay for returns has had a negative impact on their business.