Honored Contributor

Re: Dark Tights, Neutral Shoes

Where is she headed? To shul?

Esteemed Contributor

The shoes kind of go with the coat but, I would go with black shoes with the black tights 😃

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think tights, shoes and/or pants should all be in the same color family.  This looks like a return to the 1980s and in 2019 we are headed to the 1960s and 1970s with crochet, tie-dye, bows, head bands, fringe and ruching.

Honored Contributor

I would wear a darker shoe but like the dark tights.

Respected Contributor

My mom always taught me that it's okay to wear a light leg down into a dark shoe but never a dark leg down into a light shoe.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Magnificent!! From head to toe. Thanks! For sharing. 

Honored Contributor

While I don't wear dresses or skirts, if I did - well the whole outfit is not a look I would go for.  Can't see where any of those are investment pieces.  It's a very unkempt look to me.  Maybe if the skirt were shorter and not as baggy and the shoes had either a wedge or heel, the color would be a better look.    Reminds me of the older librian's clothes when I was in school.   That's just based on my individual taste though.

Esteemed Contributor

It's imaginative, but a little bit of a stretch.  It's not a flop, but I'd wear that once and realize, never again.

I don't see the purse nor shoes as investment pieces.

Black and tan are always good together.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Not only are the shoes a neutral color, but they look like sandals.   Sandals with a winter outfit????   I've seen people around here wearing Birkinstocks with black socks - A Big No for me.

I know styles are rather oversized and shapeless these days, but not for me.  I prefer tailored - so the flow-y coat, gathered skirt with the bulky tunic sweater together is also a "no" for me.  To each her own.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

i think that on her it looks fine.  imo, tho, most ladies would not be able to pull this look off.  some, yes.  most, no.