Respected Contributor

Re: DOES YOUR BF, SO OR SPOUSE NOTICE/COMMENT ON YOUR FASHION CHOICES?

Yes, and his favorite comment is: "you look really cute today!"
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Trusted Contributor

My husband compliments me all the time which I appreciate because fashion and dressing /looking great is important to me. My husband is very GQ himself and I always loved that about him. He gave me my first Kate Spade handbag and I have been hooked ever since.
Valued Contributor

On 3/12/2014 ilovedaisies said: My husband always tells me I look good so I never know if I really do. He also tells me almost every day that I smell good. As for my best friend, if we get gussied up for some reason, we always compliment each other.
we must live the same life----even the morning, he tells me I'm cute
Valued Contributor

More from my friends that hubby. I will say to him well how do I look and he says nice or good or something like that. He says you always look nice so to him it is a given and only a couple times has he said something negative but in a nice way.

He will also purchases me things he thinks will look good on me. He is more of a jewelry kind of guy but he has purchased me boots and shoes or says if QVC is on that would look good on you. Why don't you get it. He has also been know to say while watching QVC what are they thinking and I am glad you don't wear things like that.

He also teases me about my choices of night wear. I will have on some wild looking bottoms and a big baggy t-shirt and calls me his little bag lady and doesn't always match either. I think he is very happy I don't leave the house like that and trust me we have seen a few out there shopping.

Honored Contributor

My friends are the ones who comment on my fashion choices. Since I'm in sales I also receive a lot of compliments from the office staff. Since I love clothes and fashion, I rarely go a day without someone saying something positive about what I'm wearing--which is so kind. I always compliment others as well when I like what they are wearing.

My hubby rarely notices, LOL.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 3/12/2014 faeriemoon said:

Only compliments; never criticisms.

He's a good man Faerie!!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Well thank goodness. I can't tell you how many times I've read snarky comments from posters within a thread if anyone mentions their DH or SO commenting on what they wore. and some have even gone so far as to make some pretty suggestive comments about the kind of "men" that comment on women's clothing.

My DH doesn't comment daily but he does enough. Sometimes he will ask if something is new, other times he comments about me looking nice and sometimes he will tell me he doesn't care for something or doesn't like items together. I am perfectly fine with that and welcome his opinion and sometimes even ask for it. If he tells me he doesn't like something, it doesn't mean I would never wear it again though. Wink

Honored Contributor

On 3/13/2014 winamac1 said:
On 3/12/2014 faeriemoon said:

Only compliments; never criticisms.Smile

He's a good man Faerie!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I'm very lucky, Win.Smile

Did you order your Skechers?

Respected Contributor

I'm very lucky - my SO always tells me I look nice

Honored Contributor

Nope he couldn't care less what I wear. Doesn't notice or mention anything like that in the 39 years we've been married. I don't dress for other people, just for myself.