Honored Contributor
Someone (who has righteously refused to buy the Sketchers TSV) has posted a one star REVIEW of them because she doesn't like how they LOOK! Why on earth would anyone think such an opinion would be relevant to a shoe that is obviously NOT INTENDED for anything but comfortable casual wear. This is like REVIEWING a j*ck str*p negatively because it doesn't have lace and embroidery on it. I wouldn't wear them to a Broadway opening night but they'd be just fine for walking the dogs. Judgement and reasonableness anyone?
Honored Contributor

That's not a review.

If someone hasn't purchased the item, they shouldn't be allowed to post a review.

Honored Contributor
They REALLY need to do something about reviews!!!!
Regular Contributor

There are often reviews that should have never been allowed to post. I've read "reviews" from people saying why they won't be buying the item, too. HSN does reviews the right way. You can't post a review unless you actually purchased the product and have had it in your possession for about a week. The only downside to their policy is that you can't review an item you received as a gift.

Trusted Contributor

I agree, that's not a review, it's an opinion. Obviously if you don't like the look of the shoe, you don't buy it. And guess what? No one cares about your opinion (to the "reviewer").

A review should include practical information like how the item fits (does it run small? Large? Wide? etc.) or comment about the durability, material, color (may not appear like it does on TV) and things of that nature.

Honored Contributor

....people post subjective, personal gripes about items all the time, that's why I don't pay much attention to product reviews.

Super Contributor

me either dont consider much abt reviews.

Respected Contributor

Maybe if we reported inappropriate reviews whenever we see them, this would stop. If QVC was just bombarded with reports they might actually do something! You shouldn't be allowed to review a product unless you have purchased/received it.

Super Contributor

Funny - I've never been able to post a review about something I didn't buy. I tried once because I had bought an item elsewhere that was offered on the Q and it wouldn't let me review. I've tried since, but to no avail. Which is how it should be I guess.

I like the TSV shoes - I'm strictly a Birkies girl, but ordered these because they are lightweight and cute IMO. And comfortable supposedly which is most important to me.

Trusted Contributor

I like how hsn does it. You can't leave a review unless you have ordered the item and have had it to try for a few days. Cut's out the reviews from people who never even purchased the product.

If you try to leave a review on something you haven't received you get the message:

"Sorry, but we can’t process reviews for items shipped fewer than 5 days ago. This gives you time to form a strong opinion about the product."

Seems like the Q could easily do something similar.