Honored Contributor

My leather jacket arrived today and I'm thrilled with it.  I can't believe it was just $200 with leather being so expensive now.  It was packaged beautifully.  The box was so light that I didn't know what it was, I didn't think it was the jacket.  But lamb leather is light and pliable.  I'm happy I went up a size.  I'm wearing a sweatshirt today and I put it on over it. Beautiful fit.  I can move freely.  I'll be able to wear a turtleneck or light sweater under it.  I know I'll never zip it all the way up to my neck.  Very classy, expensive look.

Honored Contributor

Wear it in good health, that is what counts most !!!

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree  I got mine today too.It's gorgeous!! I got my D&C size of XS & it fits perfectly.

It was packaged beautifully, but mine came with a crease in the peplum in the back. Would you know what I can do to get it out? I don't want to damage this beauty!

Respected Contributor
Mine also came today. It’s beautiful.

If there was a crease, I’d let it hang for a few days to see if it got better on its own.
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@chrystaltree  I got mine today too.It's gorgeous!! I got my D&C size of XS & it fits perfectly.

It was packaged beautifully, but mine came with a crease in the peplum in the back. Would you know what I can do to get it out? I don't want to damage this beauty!

I did a quick Google search and the advice that I liked was hang it on the back of the bathroom door and run a hot shower. The steam should loosen the crease.  Should take about 15 minutes.  

Trusted Contributor

🏭🏭🏭  A hand held steamer should do the trick quite nicely.

Honored Contributor

@ManyMeows wrote:

🏭🏭🏭  A hand held steamer should do the trick quite nicely.

I don't think I would use a hand held steamer on fine leather.  Too hot,  too moist.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree  I just ran the shower really hot. It steamed up the entire bathroom. I hung the jacket in back of the door for 25 minutes. It didn't work.

I will hang it up in my bedroom. If the creases don't improve,I will sadly have to return it as defective & ask for a replacement.

Thanks for your help. Any other ideas? 

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@chrystaltree  I just ran the shower really hot. It steamed up the entire bathroom. I hung the jacket in back of the door for 25 minutes. It didn't work.

I will hang it up in my bedroom. If the creases don't improve,I will sadly have to return it as defective & ask for a replacement.

Thanks for your help. Any other ideas? 

@NicksmomESQ , take it to your local dry cleaners. They can fix it for you, hopefully.

Respected Contributor

What about steaming it from the inside so that the steam only hits the lining of the jacket?  Or lying it flat and placing a heavy book on the crease for a few hours?