Frequent Contributor

D&C Faux Leather Jacket on today

[ Edited ]

Today, with Kirstin and Alberti, they showed a D&C leather jacket in several colors, item number is 

1. A657854

Denim & Co. Faux Leather Zip Front Jacket w/ Pockets.

I have never owned a leather jacket. I am 72, most of my clothes are XL in size, but in the past 5 months I have lost 28 pounds and most(not all) of my clothes swim on me. My bra size is a 40DD. I would like to purchase one of these jackets and take it on my home visit to Ohio in October. To those of you who have owned and worn previous styles of D&C leather jackets, which size would you say is best for me. I live in Billings Mt and can see myself wearing it more here than when I lived in Northern Ca up until a year ago. I love the light brown color. Just retired as an RN. Thank you, MJ

Honored Contributor

Re: D&C Faux Leather Jacket on today

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@MILKI  Congratulations on your weight loss.

I would measure around your bust with a tape measure. Go to the CLICK HERE at the bottom of the garment discription. There are measurements for all sizes. I would choose the bust size closest to yours. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MILKI 

I've worn D&C leather jackets for years and love the quality of them. I don't know if you can compare their faux leather with real leather.

I will say Susan Graver offers excellent faux leather , I've had three of her faux leather mackets  from years ago and you can't tell the difference from looking at them. I've had many complements when wearing them. They also wear well and don't fade, I have them in black and teal and red.

Mine are very comfortable and when I put them on my arms just slide into it. All totally lined and mine button up.

You may want to check out her selections.Susan Graver's faux leather is not plastic like or hot, they very soft.

Plastic like and hot you will find in the very cheapest faux leather and I don't believe the Q offers them.

Honored Contributor

@MILKI wrote:

Today, with Kirstin and Alberti, they showed a D&C leather jacket in several colors, item number is 

1. A657854

Denim & Co. Faux Leather Zip Front Jacket w/ Pockets.

I have never owned a leather jacket. I am 72, most of my clothes are XL in size, but in the past 5 months I have lost 28 pounds and most(not all) of my clothes swim on me. My bra size is a 40DD. I would like to purchase one of these jackets and take it on my home visit to Ohio in October. To those of you who have owned and worn previous styles of D&C leather jackets, which size would you say is best for me. I live in Billings Mt and can see myself wearing it more here than when I lived in Northern Ca up until a year ago. I love the light brown color. Just retired as an RN. Thank you, MJ

Faux leather can be very plasticlike hot and stiff

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Faux leather is plastic and it can start to crack and peel just hanging in your closet. Faux leather has an expiration date...usually around 5 years.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MILKI , I wear a Large in D&C, I'm a 38 D.  I looked at the jacket garment measurements and I think you'll have enough ease in the bust in a size Large since this jacket is shaped like a jean jacket.  This jacket doesn't look overly fitted in shape.  Keep in mind that the faux/leather jackets don't have any stretch in them like the denim fabrics.  

With that said, I did size up to an XLarge in the D&C leather moto jacket because I am pear shaped and that jacket is more fitted.  I didn't want to have the jacket grabbing me around the hips.  It's a little big in the bust on me but I'm OK with that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read something the other day that streamlined, simple, smooth, and liquid like leather pieces are "in style" this fall and winter. I think this D & Co. jacket fits that description. I agree it's looks bit shiny. I thought it looked less shiny when I saw it presented on air rather than the stock photo. 

I always check garment measurements for any item I buy from the Q. I usually end up ordering one size down in D & Co. from my regular size in local stores in my city. 

Honored Contributor

I think some people here haven't bought or even felt faux leather in recent years.  It's so soft and pliable that it's indistinguishable from the real thing.  I bought one the first year Kim was at QVC and it looks like brand new. 

It's come a long way.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I would find a leather jacket and get it roomy for when you wear a sweater.  You can always add a scarf.  You will enjoy it forever!

Faux leather is like wearing a plastic bag.