Honored Contributor

Cute "baggy" jean, rips and all

[ Edited ]

Saw this loose fitting jean.  It's at shopbop and it's a Levi with lots of rips.  So you might not like, but Sofia Ritchie wore it and it looked terrific on her.  Love vintage jeans. $98.00 at Shopbop.  Love the color.   29" nseam 14" leg opening.  Actress is very short, so it looks a little long on her. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cute "baggy" jean, rips and all

Lovely but got a question.  Are the rips reinforced???  If not will they rip more when worn?  

And in my case I get my jeans at Costco for $14.99 and they are quality.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Lovely but got a question.  Are the rips reinforced???  If not will they rip more when worn?  

And in my case I get my jeans at Costco for $14.99 and they are quality.

I have some ripped jeans and they stay that way.  Mine are reinforced.  I don't know about other jeans.  I don't know about Levi's that are ripped.....but yeah, they've been around and are very popular.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

Saw this loose fitting jean.  It's at shopbop and it's a Levi with lots of rips.  So you might not like, but Sofia Ritchie wore it and it looked terrific on her.  Love vintage jeans. $98.00 at Shopbop.  Love the color.   29" nseam 14" leg opening.  Actress is very short, so it looks a little long on her. 

I dont consider 5'6" very short.

Honored Contributor

The Levi's look great on her!....might have more to do with her shape than the Levis. It is encouraging to see a post with jeans that cost less than $100. Since you are our resident jean maven, I'll bet you know if Levi and Lee are made in the US.  I like classic old school.

Valued Contributor

Always get a chuckle when I see jeans with stilletto shoes. When I was growing up.....years and years ago........we used to think girls who wore heels with jeans were kind of sleezy.  Too funny!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

The Levi's look great on her.  I like the light wash.

I still think the ripped look is a bit audacious.  Not for me, that's all.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I wear my jeans to work.  I wear high heels with them and a blazer.  It really dresses them up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ILTH   Actually I'm  5'5" and I consdider that very short.  Double checked the length.  Gave wrong inseam.  Make that 33"

Honored Contributor

the jeans would look better without the rips.

i am not into ripped/torn jeans.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein