Super Contributor
I know that are complaints about rising prices, styles etc at QVC. However I have always had excellent customer service at QVC. Tonight Nordstrom lost my business after 47 years due to the terrible customer service in resolving an issue. There are too many places to
shop these days. They used to make customer service a priority, but not any longer Which is sad.
Valued Contributor

I've always thought that Nordstrom's have had excellent customer service. 

Honored Contributor

Bad CS experiences definitely lower my perception of the retailer.  

With other retailers selling the same things, a retailer can't afford to make customers angry. 

Your representative might have been having a bad day.  I wouldn't cut Nordstrom off for this.  If it becomes consistent, then they will end up on my list of "Do Not Buy."

Esteemed Contributor

I've been noticing bad customer service across the board - retailers that were always on the ball before.

I guess I'm not willing or quick to burn any bridges, though. Even though I'm thinking like you, @3blackdogs but with another company. I just haven't ordered too much from Nordstroms to have an opinion about them per se.

Super Contributor
Me too. It’s always been my place to shop, but no longer.
Super Contributor
Oh this wasn’t the first time, it was the just last straw for me
Honored Contributor

I’ve also had good CS experiences with QVC. 👍

I definitely understand having trouble getting issues resolved elsewhere though. I had really bad experiences with 2 retailers.

One was a women’s clothing store. The store charged me twice for one item! They didn’t believe me & proceeded with an “investigation” that lasted months. 😳

The other involved a chain discount store. They charged me a late fee even though I mailed the bill well in advance of the due date. They didn’t process it for 21 days, but they blamed me. 🤔

I haven’t shopped at either store for over a year.  I’ve been able to find what I need and want at other stores so I see no reason to shop places that treat me like a liar. 

Honored Contributor

Re:  'N'

Could have been that the CS rep was a part time or temporary rep.

Try calling another one during business hours.

Sometimes, if you call after business hours, they have temporary folks answering the phones.   I'm only guessing, though.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).