Honored Contributor

Fresh Polo Top

One (pima / standard cotton blend) is on sale at QVC for $38.62.

The other (cotton/poly blend) on sale some place else for $11.97

Honored Contributor

That's why it pays to comparison shop.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Pima cotton.. 

Esteemed Contributor

Besides the fabric, the one on the left has a much nicer neckline structure, more defined facing/stitching on neck and slits on both the sides.  Much, much better tailored.

The right one just has a flat collar sew on.  The hems look smaller too.  Not much structure.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband knew the collar difference too.  He hated those floppy - no structure types .

So...I found  the stiffer ones at J C Penney and ditched floppy to lawn mowing!

(St. Johnsbury      or something similar)

Honored Contributor

I prefer the top on the left.  The V neck is slightly deeper and the green has less yellow, and the collar is more obvious.

Trusted Contributor

My DH refuses to wear any clothes with a cotton/poly blend.  He can only tolerate 100% cotton.  

I must say the cotton pima tops by IM are very, very soft and comfortable, and I do not mind paying the extra amount to wear them.

My goal in life is not to buy the cheapest items, but rather to get the best price on high quality items I will enjoy wearing.

Valued Contributor

In my experience, cotton/poly blend pills very easily and quickly.  The top on the left is a much nicer top.  

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

My husband knew the collar difference too.  He hated those floppy - no structure types .

So...I found  the stiffer ones at J C Penney and ditched floppy to lawn mowing!

(St. Johnsbury      or something similar)

@fthunt - St. John's Bay?  I used to buy that brand all the time at JC Penney until a new CEO took over several years ago and dropped the brand.  (Thankfully, he's long gone.)

There was such an outcry that they brought it back but, by then they'd lost a lot of customers and never really recovered.

I have St. John's Bay tees that are years old and still look great.  Held their shape and color, wash after wash.  And they were very reasonably priced.

Honored Contributor

The tee on the right looks cheaply made to me.  The one on the left has a much better structure and drape.  JMO, but that's the one I'd buy.