Honored Contributor

Re: Comment about jeans read it quick.....

I'm sure that once upon a time ladies wouldn't dare go out without their crinolines either.

Times change.  Jeans haven't been exclusively farm wear for many years now.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@vsm   Happy Belated Birthday to your Mom!

Very stylish women know how to wear what they like.  Smiley Wink

My mom went to a 1920's holiday party over the holidays and wore the entire flapper attire:  dress with fringe, rhinestone headband with feather, and lots of strands of pearls.  Everyone wanted to take their picture with her!

Jeans or sparkly dresses -- it's all how you wear it, and your attitude about fashion and life.

...and I'll bet she'd have done the Charleston for them if they'd asked!

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

My mother also never wore pants, trousers, jeans, etc., as long as I was around.  She had an old photo of her wearing pants while riding a bike.  I never saw her do anything like that!  She always hung laundry out to dry, even on cold winter days.   When she did that, she'd wear a pair of my dad's work pants to keep warm.  I must have asked her why  she only wore dresses, but I don't recall her answer. 

Honored Contributor

A girlde?   Another form of torture on women.  Jeans anytime!

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Moonlady wrote:

Newsflash: there is past tense of the verb, read. It's "read," and you all know how it's pronounced.

The OP's thread title is not an imperative sentence, directing us to "read it quick." Rather, it's likely that she meant, [The] comment [other thread] about jeans; [I] read it quick.

You can stop rolling on the floor, laughing, now--and expand your lexicon.

Yeesh.

@Moonlady ,

I don't think it is a matter of lexicon.

I think it is the lack of punctuation and missing words that make this title so hard to understand.

Certainly not worthy of a "yeesh"

Agree with @Ms tyrion2 .  Has nothing to do with lexicon and the "yeesh" seems unnecessary @moonlady. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Read this thread quick...........ROFL

I also read this thread quickly @SharkESmiley Happy

Btw - I never saw anyone running around barefoot in public places when I lived in Amarillo....lol.    Kind of strange that this man comes to church without shoes....oh well - jmo.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

My mom never wore jeans, and she never allowed me to wear jeans when I was a kid.  When I started wearing jeans after I left home, she was in shock.  Not as much as when I pierced my ears, but shocked nonetheless.

Now in my 70's, I wear jeans almost every day.  And I will continue to wear jeans until my last days on Earth.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mom or dad never wore a pair of jeans....not their style.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Read this thread quick...........ROFL

I also read this thread quickly @SharkESmiley Happy

Btw - I never saw anyone running around barefoot in public places when I lived in Amarillo....lol.    Kind of strange that this man comes to church without shoes....oh well - jmo.  Smiley Happy

Shoot it's 6 degrees right now and we 've seen people in T-shirts and shorts!   I'll try and get picture.   This young man in our church probably around 25 stands up there and plays the guitar his wife sings and bare footed as the day he was born.  He runs off stage and I confront him LOL

"Ain't you got shoes"? he mumbled something and I said "what size do you wear I"ll buy you some shoes". He just laughs probably thinks crazy old broad, but, I'd do the same for anybody.

Who wants to walk bare foot on that flat carpet that people have probably tracked in no telling what from the streets over a period of yrs. EWWWW !

Frequent Contributor

My mother passed away at age 84. she wore jeans a lot with long sleeved cotten printed shirts. I had to donate about 10 -15 pairs because she was a size 6 and i am a size 12. she loved to shop at Macys. I love to wear jeans but in winter i wear cordoroy because i always feel cold.