Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

I wonder who coordinates the color of outfits.  Watching Isaac right now and that bright yellow shirt with coral pants and red shoes --- um, no.

@rms1954 

It's those wonderful Q stylists that were all so enamored with!

🙄😱

Dont think for one second that an internationally famous designer isnt styling his own show. Cant blame this on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

I think like Isaac like has his own like taste that like sometimes looks like strange when he like puts like things together on like the models.

I do like Isaac, always have, but just can't listen anymore. 

Honored Contributor

He sometimes suggests very strange color combinations.  Reminds me of the Logo lady....."everything goes with everything"!  (Except, it doesn't sometimes, IMHO).

Honored Contributor

My color combinations are always a “true neutral” bottom with a different solid color or print on top. I think it’s interesting how many colors and even prints the designers, vendors, and shopping channel hosts declare are neutrals now. I think combining bright or citrus colors in the warmer months or in a resort area can work and look cute. It’s just not a look I choose to wear. 

Honored Contributor

I usually don't care for the color combos IM or Lori Goldstein put together. But once in a while, two colors that l wouldn't expect to look good together, actually work.

I bought this IM sweater last fall, when Target had its multiple-designer collaboration. Hot pink, and red stripes, together. And it looks great, IMO.

8BAAA929-3FD4-495E-BEBA-368151C428E0.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I wonder who coordinates the color of outfits.  Watching Isaac right now and that bright yellow shirt with coral pants and red shoes --- um, no.

@rms1954 

I agree, in fact I thought the way the outfits were styled in the whole show looked awful!..... except for one----the one with white pants and a navy blue top that had polka dots on the hem....that one looked nice....but the rest...OMG!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

My color combinations are always a “true neutral” bottom with a different solid color or print on top. I think it’s interesting how many colors and even prints the designers, vendors, and shopping channel hosts declare are neutrals now. I think combining bright or citrus colors in the warmer months or in a resort area can work and look cute. It’s just not a look I choose to wear. 

@wilma I think hosts declaring a color a neutral is just a selling tactic. Navy is a neutral, but it's royal blue on the color wheel.  Navy is royal blue plus black to tone it down.  Royal is the name given to true blue. That's why, often "navies" may look black.

See the source image

Citrus colors look cute because the colors touch on the color wheel.  That's an analgous color harmony and it flows because it's half of the color next to it.

Honored Contributor

HandyGal's red and pink bold striped sweater is wonderful!

Love that color combo, and, as I recall, very popular in the seventies/eighties?  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I love that shade of green and the somewhat Chartreuse color next to it on the color chart!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Re: Color Combinations

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

I love that shade of green and the somewhat Chartreuse color next to it on the color chart!

@ROMARY   Although I cannot wear chartreuse because of my complexion/color/hair, I love a chartreuse top with navy pants.  I think that is a beautiful and unexpected combination.