Respected Contributor

Re: Coldwater Creek going out of business

Chicos will be next. I personally have stopped shopping with them because I don't care for the latest designs and the poor quality of their clothing. The coupons and sales mean nothing if I no longer like the clothing. of course, that cheapness factor has spread across many of the clothing lines. I'll never understand why women in general won't buy unless it's greatly marked down. I would just like to see the value. Plus, I don't appreciate playing the shopping game.

Respected Contributor

On 4/12/2014 queendiva said:

I always opted for jjill over CC. Better fabrics, quality and great sales.

Do you mind me asking, what is jjill? Maybe I don't have that store in my area. Thanks

Respected Contributor

I used to shop at the CC regular store in the mall as the quality was better. There was a CC outlet store not too far away, but it seems they only sold irregulars (not marked as such though).

I always found flaws at the outlet store and never purchased anything.

Contributor

As others have mentioned, their original catalogs were wonderful. Back then they did not have to pay models to show off their clothes. The clothes did all the talking. Still, sorry to see them go. I do agree about the inconsistent sizing ~ it became a struggle to find a good fit.

Frequent Contributor

Wow

I agree with all the posts. Used to LUV CWC the catalogues were so pretty, and the styles and fabric were great. Started going downhill and I too stopped shopping. Jjill used to also be a fav store. Just went in one today and they are just not my style anymore. Everything is so long in length and old looking. I am in m y 50's and not a thing appealed to me. Lastly LOFT. Omg I didn't get out of the store without spending $$$ now I walk in an out and 0. It is spring and where are all the pretty colors??? Blue, blue more blue. Also don't get me started on the sizing in that store. Can never order on line as size is different on each item. Hope they change or bye bye loft for me. Not many places left for me to shop. Sad Smiley Sad

Shopping girl

Trusted Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Sunshine Kate said:
On 4/12/2014 queendiva said:

I always opted for jjill over CC. Better fabrics, quality and great sales.

Do you mind me asking, what is jjill? Maybe I don't have that store in my area. Thanks

Kate,

From their website www.jjill.com/:

J.Jill is a unique women’s specialty clothing retailer. With a passionately devoted customer base, a talented and dedicated in-house design team continually creating new collections, and a rapidly expanding multichannel business, it’s an exciting place to be.

What began in 1959 as one store in the Berkshires is now a national retailer of apparel, accessories and footwear. J.Jill uncomplicates a woman’s life by giving her a stylish, easy, ready-for-anything wardrobe that lets her dress confidently and focus on enjoying her life. We offer friendly, guiding service wherever she shops: our stores, our website or our catalogs.

Located minutes from Boston in Quincy, Massachusetts, we have over
225 stores and a state-of-the-art contact and distribution center in Tilton,
New Hampshire.

They have a couple of stores in the Dallas area where I am from but I honestly don't think I've really shopped there. But I just took a quick look at their website of new Spring arrivals, and I see some items I would like.

Perfect Tank $24

easy linen crop pants $69

Wearever smooth-fit pencil skirt $69

airy stripes scarf $49

Super Contributor

Surprised they lasted this long -- prices 3 times regular retail, all casual items, Sport Savvy kinda stuff.

Valued Contributor

On 4/12/2014 KathyPet said: They have failed to post a profit since 2007 and were literally forced into bankruptcy by their creditors....
That's about when I shipped shopping there for a number of years. I used to love their jeans, and some other garments, then, in 2007, they redid the jeans and eliminated my petite size in everything. Because of my hip and bust, I'm a p16. All of a suddenly petite a stopped at 14' only regular 12s were the largest size the store, and the only larger than 14 option leapfrogged right over 16s to 18-20s. Add the high price to order blind then have to schlep back to the store for a return...it was aggravating to say the least.
Contributor

SHOPPING ALERT : incredible pricing in the online outlet going on NOW since the closing was announced. I watch the outlet regularly and many more things have been added. I purchased some shorts and ankle pants last summer for vacation and loved them. Since I know my size I was able to shop the outlet this weekend (after hearing CWC's announcement) for additional colors and styles. Incredible savings. If you are hungry for woven and cotton fabrics after seeing so much knit on QVC, there is plenty there!