Trusted Contributor

Re: Coldwater Creek Closing Sale

Yes Coldwater Creek was one of my favorite stores.  It was also my dream retirement job.  I was very bummed when the stores closed.  I know their quality and sizing had gone down hill and I often returned a lot.  

I have never ordered from the new catalog.

Question ladies,  those of you that shopped at Coldwater Creek where do you shop now?

I am 60 and I shop most at Christopher and Banks, Tj Maxx, some Kohls and some Macys.   We have limited shopping in this area and I don't like to return online purchases,

Esteemed Contributor

I shop Lands end and Chicos for the most part.  I love 3 hrs from my nearest Chicos so over 90% of my shopping is online.  I like these two stores because of their quality and consistent sizing.  I also buy too many Chicos jackets from EBay (Chicos ladies don't seem to be hard on their clothing).

Respected Contributor

When Coldwater Creek closed, I began shopping at Dillard's and Macy's. But I always wait for sales. I buy only casual clothes and very few of those. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TurnerGal - Like you and @Wobin , I started shopping there about 25 years ago. I was a regular at both the regular and outlet stores. DH loved to go with me. We knew the SA's by name and they all spoiled him, giving him the latest sports magazines while he waited. I got everything there, including jewelry. DS picked out earrings and bracelets for me for presents when he was little. 

I found them when Northern Reflections closed.

At one time my whole closet was CC, NR, or Fresh Produce! They just WORKED for me. I was so sad when they went out. I saw what was happening when they TRIED to cater to DD's age group near the end. Of course she wanted nothing to do with their clothes! They didn't sell. I went through the last days with my wonderful SA's, who had become friends. First the long-time manager left, then the others. All new people were hired at the end.

Also like you I never ordered from the catalog. At the end the sizing was all over the place. It had previously been consistent.

After they closed I relied on Kohl's, then a few years later found QVC!  It took me a while to order clothes here, and I was nervous, but I started with Liz Claiborne (a brand I bought at  department stores) and have discovered others since then. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@TurnerGal - Like you and @Wobin , I started shopping there about 25 years ago. I was a regular at both the regular and outlet stores. DH loved to go with me. We knew the SA's by name and they all spoiled him, giving him the latest sports magazines while he waited. I got everything there, including jewelry. DS picked out earrings and bracelets for me for presents when he was little. 

I found them when Northern Reflections closed.

At one time my whole closet was CC, NR, or Fresh Produce! They just WORKED for me. I was so sad when they went out. I saw what was happening when they TRIED to cater to DD's age group near the end. Of course she wanted nothing to do with their clothes! They didn't sell. I went through the last days with my wonderful SA's, who had become friends. First the long-time manager left, then the others. All new people were hired at the end.

Also like you I never ordered from the catalog. At the end the sizing was all over the place. It had previously been consistent.

After they closed I relied on Kohl's, then a few years later found QVC!  It took me a while to order clothes here, and I was nervous, but I started with Liz Claiborne (a brand I bought at  department stores) and have discovered others since then. Smiley Happy

Thanks,  I loved the customer service at the Coldwater Creek stores.  It was one of the last stores that really gave the old fashioned customer service.  That type of service doesn't seem to exist anymore.  So many stores eventually go after the younger customer and loose their regular customers.  I think the problem with many stores now a days is the lack of consistency in their sizing. If I find something I like,  I will often buy multiples.  I can reorder same item and size in a different color and it doesn't work.  I do like Chicos but there isn't one close by me and I find I need  to try on their clothes.  I make it to their outlets once a year and usually find nice items at good prices. 

It will be interesting to see how stores will survive in COVID.  I hope my favorites survive but I know many are struggling.  I hope the future is not only being able to order from Amazon. I like QVC but find their pricing high.  I live in Maine and we have a clearance store that often has lots of QVC items (I think returns) at good prices.  But you never know what you will find there. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks,  I loved the customer service at the Coldwater Creek stores.  It was one of the last stores that really gave the old fashioned customer service.  That type of service doesn't seem to exist anymore.  So many stores eventually go after the younger customer and loose their regular customers.  I think the problem with many stores now a days is the lack of consistency in their sizing. If I find something I like,  I will often buy multiples.  I can reorder same item and size in a different color and it doesn't work.  I do like Chicos but there isn't one close by me and I find I need  to try on their clothes.  I make it to their outlets once a year and usually find nice items at good prices. 

It will be interesting to see how stores will survive in COVID.  I hope my favorites survive but I know many are struggling.  I hope the future is not only being able to order from Amazon. I like QVC but find their pricing high.  I live in Maine and we have a clearance store that often has lots of QVC items (I think returns) at good prices.  But you never know what you will find there. 

Shortly before my local CWC closed I started shopping at J.Jill for clothes for work and casual.  They had the same customer service as Coldwater Creek and would order sizes not in the store.  Since retiring I don't buy as much but J.Jill is still my go to shop.  I was surprised to see them on QVC recently.  They showed a great dress which sold out but I was able to get on sale at my local store.  I hope J.Jill survives Covid.  If they go under I don't know where I'll shop.  My sister shops at Macy's but I rarely find anything there.

Respected Contributor

I used to go into a storefront here, only because it was next door to Chicos.  Their merchandise never caught on with me.  I shopped at Chicos for years before they changed their styles and quality, so I don't shop there either.  The CC store has been closed for some time now, and the Chicos hardly ever has a car in the parking lot.  That was going on before the pandemic.  So many businesses just don't keep up with what shoppers want.  

Anybody know how to contact Coldwater Creek?  I just got my final sale order and none of the items i ordered were in the package.

Honored Contributor

@Petite Gal wrote:

Anybody know how to contact Coldwater Creek?  I just got my final sale order and none of the items i ordered were in the package.

@Petite Gal 

Welcome to the boards!

Did you try this number? 1-888-678-5576