Esteemed Contributor

I buy one a year to wear for my Community Choir cantata performances.  They're usually a solid color with a little sequins on them.  I then recycle them by wearing past sweaters to church duirng the month of December.  Other than that, I don't wear them and don't wear Christmas jewelery either. 

Last year, at our family Christmas get together, my niece had the idea for everyone to wear and then have an ugly Christmas sweater contest but I didn't even participate in that.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

Good for you! I only have 1 Christmas sweater left. My grown son would mock me (nicely) and tell me that NO ONE wears them anymore unless going to an ugly xmas sweater party. I love to see them. I'm sorry I let him sway my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

@SahmIam Have you seen the Christmas jackets sold at Walmart? Saw them last week for$39.95 I think and there were at least 4 different styles.

Sure did! Saw them today!

Also saw sweaters, sweatshirts, dresses (!) and cardigans ALL designed to be worn as ugly Christmas sweaters. So, I'm supposed to spend money on something ugly so I can  wear something ugly so I can be "in" on the "joke" and look bad on purpose during the holidays and in pictures.

Alrighty then.

Honored Contributor

I had an NFL ugly Christmas sweater that I had to donate, between stretching out and weight loss it's much too big on me. But I would get another one, they're fun.

I think one of the star sweaters/tops that are popular now would make a nice Christmas sweater.

8853153_fpx.jpeg8913869_fpx.jpeg

"Never let the facts get in the way of a good story"
Trusted Contributor

I usually try to wear something festive on Christmas Day such as a top with some glitz or a bit of sparkle to it. 

This year, I'm going to go for more of a cute/casual look.  I wasn't planning on it, but I saw an adorable sweater at Kohl's today, tried it on, and loved it!  It's not a "Christmas sweater" per se, but cute and whimsical.  It's a penguin wearing a little bejeweled crown...so soft and cozy and cute!  Just hope I don't die of heatstroke wearing it...personal summers in the winter, ya know!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning all.  You know, I'm happy to see so many "yes" and only one "NEVER" -- thanks for your responses.  For me, I don't like the ugly-for-the-sake-of-being-ugly sweaters (like some I saw at Walmart last week).  I like dressier sweaters with a Christmas theme and a few sparkles.  Nothing that jumps out and screams at you (if you know what I mean).  @Greeneyedlady21, I do love those "star" sweaters, but those could be worn all the time, not just for Christmas.  I'll keep wearing my festive sweaters and Christmas jewelry because they make me feel good -- and we all need to wear what makes us feel good!  

Enjoy the Holidays!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I wear them and love them! We my daughter and I go to the hospital's. volunteer with our dogs and we go to the children's wards and the elderly wards. They love them and the smiles on the faces of these people are worth everything to us. Even our dogs wear the Xmas sweaters. Funny always got compliments on our Xmas sweaters.HeartHeart 

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I got A296580 and have been wearing it since the day after Thanksgiving. It is perfect for Fl. since it is just t shirt jersey. Anyway, everyone loves it. I got it in grey.

So you weren't "gullible" when you purchased this?  

I got it on as is, not that it's any of your business.

It is none of her business.... you enjoy your sweater and Merry Xmas to you!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I had a beautiful dark green gold embroidered nativity sweatshirt and a hand embroidered and beaded angel cardigan. I also miss my Charlie Brown Peanuts and Grinch (original - not Jim Carrey) Christmas sweatshirts. They just wore out from so many washings and wearings. I currently own 2 long sleeve QF t-shirts - A284419 and A270594. One has dogs on it and the other is a winter scene. For church I usually wear something red or green or something with a little sparkle. 

I like seeing all the pretty and cute designs on sweaters and tees. They just make me smile. I dislike items made ugly on purpose. I dislike ugly sweater parties, because I feel like they mock and make fun of people who like to wear Christmas themed clothing. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas sweaters

[ Edited ]

I've never worn Christmas sweaters but I do have a couple with snowflakes. However, today on Evine there was a gray one with a black raindeer I may get. I've never ordered anything from Evine which is why I've hesitated.