Honored Contributor

Re: Carolyn Gracie

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids : Your situation was many years ago. I wonder if an attorney could have helped you? Esp.one who did not care for your boss. Wouln't the IRS have some proof of you ratting them out? It is the IRS.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 Thanks so much for the great explanation!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 Good point but I was so rattled I didn't think of that. Fortunately they were well known in the legal community as being very weird and not ethical! i found a new job at a great firm that I was with for 5 years, within 10 days.

It was almost a relief because they hated each other and the atmosphere could be unpleasant. Oh the stories I could tell!

Honored Contributor

Be glad when her non appearance is over.  Let it rest.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 Good point but I was so rattled I didn't think of that. Fortunately they were well known in the legal community as being very weird and not ethical! i found a new job at a great firm that I was with for 5 years, within 10 days.

It was almost a relief because they hated each other and the atmosphere could be unpleasant. Oh the stories I could tell!

Why would you willingly work for people who were known for being very weird and unethical? Clearly, nothing  good could come out of a setting like that.

Honored Contributor

Fired or Laid Off.....I'm still trying to wrap my head around 2 hosts being LET GO and at the same time more and more shows have 2 hosts hosting.

They cut back but are paying double for current hosts hosting with other hosts...I don't get it.

Honored Contributor

Yup....    this is going to go on for years.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

After a month and so much discussion and analysis,  I'm surprised that some still don't grasp a "firing" vs a "layoff."

There is an enormous, profound difference. 

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes I suppose technically she was laid off.  But do they hire replacements when people are laid off?  I have seen some new hosts lately that I have never seen before.  This was a lay off so they could employ less expensive hosts.  As for the other 398 people, who knows.

@Puppy Lips 

I get it.  It doesn't matter, laid off, fired, both mean no job, whatever the reason, or definition.

Contributor

I do not think Carolyn knew she was going to be let go from the Q. She was making plans way into the future regarding different things that would be taking place on the Denim & Co shows.  I personally think that she was as shocked as we all have been with the decision made by QVC.  I may be wrong but do not think that I am.  She seemed genuinely sad on some of the videos she has made.  Carolyn is my favorite host that has ever been on theQ and I have been a member since day one.  QVC has changed so much over the last few years and not for the better.  Carolyn is one of the reasons I still tuned in for some of the shows.  She was excellent at her job.  The Q is going in a different direction, it seems like genuine down to earth people like Carolyn do not fit into their changes.  I have no doubt that sales of D&C have gone down.  QVC is no longer enjoyable to watch.  I can find the clothing I purchased on the Q on ebay or even goodwill. I found a brand new D&C shirt at Goodwill last week .  I just do not like to shop with a company that is not fair with their employees.

Occasional Contributor

If you're not interested in the Carolyn forum, don't join in.  Others are still interested in venting.  You just want to criticize and be mean .  I'm so glad your nasty nursing home comments were eliminated.  I can't understand how you're an honored contributor.