Honored Contributor

CONCERN ABOUT EMBELLISHED CLOTHING?

I tend to stay clear of tops or bottoms w/ sewn on stones, sequins or pearls, etc. I’ve never had one that didn’t lose at least one embellishment after a few wearings. I’ve washed them inside out, followed all laundering instructions. For me, it’s always an accident waiting to happen.

How do you feel about embellished tops/bottoms?

Respected Contributor

Re: CONCERN ABOUT EMBELLISHED CLOTHING?

I generally stay clear of embellished clothing too because I have the same problem of having them fall off. I bought an embellished Christmas sweater from another company last Chrustmas that I thought was so cute but sure enough after the first wash one embellishment fell off and after the second washing another fell off. 

Honored Contributor

I don't like the look of embellishments, that's just not me, although once in a while I do see a few things that I think look nice.  Still, I don't buy any.

I have or had a beautiful jacket with a great soutache design sewn on the front. While the label indicated machine wash, I did but the trim totally came unstitched. Never again.

I do also have lots of dream jeannes leggings w/the little heart on the left, I've lost stones but I also don't care, more than likely in the tons of washings they get.

Honored Contributor

I love the embroidery that Quacker Factory does and have a lot of it with no problem.  I admit I steer clear of things that are mainly sequins; simply because I don't want to take that much care when it comes to washing.

I also seldom buy anything where the whole design is stones or beads of any kind.  Same reason and once one or two start to go, you've lost the look of the item.  But a few rhinestones here and there to sparkle?  Doesn't bother me, if a few go missing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a few nicely embellished pieces. Mostly delicate and somewhat dressy. They are dry-clean only.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   I have one Bob Mackie open, dressy jacket with stone embellishment that I use during the winter holidays since it is a dar green, and one blouse of his with pearl embellishment on the Peter Pan collar.

Other than that I don't buy this kind of embellished clothing because I prefer to wear my jewelry, like necklaces, instead.

Honored Contributor

Not really an issue for me.  I don't mind hand washing, or taking something to the cleaners.

Honored Contributor

My "concern" about embellished clothing is that I love the look of some of it but then have no occasion to wear it so it usually turns out to be a useless item.  I have bought some QF and Bob Mackie, wore the item once or twice at most and wound up donating it.  But I do like the look of something sparkly.

Honored Contributor

I agree with you @Shanus ....I also don't like the add on's to zippers...a SG shirt I purchased had a 'fancy' zipper pull....fell off after the 1st wash.

I wish if the designer was going to add things to their clothing they made sure they would stay put...a zipper pull shoud not have fallen off.

Honored Contributor

I dont buy too much with embellishments on.  I bought a QF Christmas sweater with sequins on it.  I turn wrongside out, put in laundry bag and wash on delicate and did not put it in the dryer.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)