Honored Contributor

So many clothing items the host or the description says lay flat to dry.

Where in your house do you have space to lay flat to dry a load of clothes?

I dry mine in the dryer on the lowest heat possible and so far everthing turns out looking good.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Top of washer or dryer or buy one of those sweater thingies that especially made for that.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

my guest bed. 

Honored Contributor

I hang to dry most of my things. 

There are some pieces I don't hang because I either don't want them to stretch or they will get hanger marks.  I just leave them on top of the washing machine or dryer and then hang them up once they're dry. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t buy anything that says dry clean only or lay flat to dry. If it can’t be put in the washer and dryer or it wrinkles it stays in the store. 

Honored Contributor

I have a very large walk in closet (more like a dressing room)  I have a frame that sits up on the floor with two levels.  I lay anything I have to air dry flat.  Including all jeans.  So I don't have a problem with lying flat to dry.  If you have the room, it's great!

Honored Contributor

I do not use a clothes dryer for most of my things.  I have two portable folding racks made by Samsonite that work really well.

There is a removable mesh fabric that fits onto the top rack that I use for sweaters and such so the ribs of the rack don't make intentions in my clothing.

Other things like lingerie, I just hang over the  bars or put on velvet hangers and put them in the rack.

I have had many folding racks over the years, but the Samonite is the best so far, no,question.  I got them from Zulily, but they are available elsewhere too.

The racks are really big, but fold down flat to almost nothing in a second  for storage. In the picture the rack looks wonky, but it's not.

01337D13-7A18-4C35-8633-DD5438304636.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I hang items over towel bars in the bathroom or backs of chairs.I usually partially dry these items in dryer ahead of time though.

Honored Contributor

I don't have many things that I need to dry flat anymore, got rid of alot that requires too much attention--am done with that nonsense, but I do have alot that I never completely dry in the dryer. Mostly the things that have spandex in them--heat is not good for that. I dry them in a med or low dryer to get the wetness out then hang to dry. Have a bar in my tiny laundry closet that holds a lot of stuff. and have good hangars that don't leave *******ples in the shoulders---Man Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm a big fan of drying racks. I've used several types over the years, depending on our space. I avoid putting any clothing I really care about in the dryer. Clothes last longer and look better when air dried IMO.  

This new device intrigues me. At Amazon, Adwaita 3 tier rack $14.59.

Adwaita Large Size 3-Tier Folded Mesh Clothes Hanging Dryer T-Shirt/Sweater Drying Rack 30.3" L x 24.5" W x 30.7" H

It can be hung on a shower rod or a door frame, etc.