Respected Contributor

Very pretty.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21   The dress is so special....I'll bet this is a rare find at Marshall's.   To me butterflies represent transformation...the gown is beautiful on several levels.  The design is exquisite, especially the placement of the butterflies gently in flight over the shoulders.  I also adore the soft colors of the gown...just perfect.  Are you sure there isn't a special event looming in your future?

I wish I did. Swan Lake ballet, but it's much too fancy for that. I don't, but some people wear jeans to the ballet now. I think I wouldn't like to make it shorter and lose all those butterflies on the bottom. In my dreams I'm going to the Oscars every year lol

I think I'll be settling for the $25 butterfly maxi skirt.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I love this; and I don't usually go for prints.

Respected Contributor

I was so enchanted with this dress, that I've thought of it several times, since first seeing the photo. Then a fantasy played out in my head of a nontraditional summer garden wedding.  It would be an unforgettable, symbolic wedding dress.  

"Universally the butterfly is symbolic of metamorphosis, rebirth and renewal, beauty and the transitory nature of beauty itself. There are various superstitions around butterflies. However, the most common one is that they are indication of good luck."  

Honored Contributor

Re: Butterfly Gown

[ Edited ]

@BlueFinch I thought so too, I love it as a wedding dress

I definitely need rebirth and some good luck. Hope the $25 skirt will help with that.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

I kinda like it.

@Leggett28   Funny!  That's exactly what I said to myself!

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

Maybe these can scratch your butterfly itch?

74798B69-04EB-4E92-8A2F-FBEF32F4B79E.jpeg

Respected Contributor

If I was a talented seamstress I would be tempted to make it a short dress and use the bottom fabric to make a shawl/wrap.

its really beautiful!

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch   I so agree.  I was about to write that it would make a lovely wedding gown.  Glad I read through the responses first.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor
Please post a picture of the $25 butterfly skirt!