Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I had an issue with cup size ... I'm between an A and a B. 

I found a cup that fit, but the band was too small.  The next size band - the cup was too big.  

So, I bought packages of 2" bra extenders (they come in 3 hook and 2 hook styles).  They sell them at Amazon.

It has been the perfect solution for me.  

@ALRATIBA, many bra sizing experts say that if the cup fits but the band is too small, go up to the next band but go down one cup. It's called "sister" bras.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I found a cup that fit, but the band was too small.  The next size band - the cup was too big.  

So, I bought packages of 2" bra extenders (they come in 3 hook and 2 hook styles).  They sell them at Amazon.

@ALRATIBA, many bra sizing experts say that if the cup fits but the band is too small, go up to the next band but go down one cup. It's called "sister" bras.

@suzyQ3

There is no A cup in the band size I need.   My bra extenders work perfectly.  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@suzyQ3

That's great, @ALRATIBA

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I'm between cup sizes yet the band is always the same.  The only way I can get a good fit is to use the cormed cup which is found on a tee shirt shirt.  Perfect fit, the band stays in perfect a perfect line.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@RedRedHair wrote:

@I am still oxox  Have you visited the HerRoom site?  They have an impressive range of sizes and styles.  Also, they have a Universal Cup Sizing System that assures the same fit across all brands including European.  You can take a free quiz to help determine the type of bra you need -- the results will be emailed to you.  There are videos on proper fit, etc. and their customer services is most helpful.  

Her Room is a great resource, even if you don’t buy a bra from them. In addition to the Universal Cup Sizing System, they have a “sister bra” size chart that gives you options for other bra sizes that are comparable to the one you take. Like @ALRATIBA, I’ve used bra band extenders to make some of my bras more comfortable. You can buy them online or at Hanes stores in most outlet malls. They come in 2, 3 or 4 hook widths. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just went to the HerRoom site out of curiosity.  The cup sizes on that Universal Cup Sizing chart seem to start at D.  OP says that she is an A CUP.  I understand her pain, because I'm an A cup, too.  But I don't need the larger band size that she needs.  And I agree with everyone who suggested a bra extender.  That's what works for me - if I buy a bra with the band size I need, the cup is too big.  And no, we A cups can't  "go down a cup size" because we're already at the bottom, lol.  So I go down one band size and use a bra extender.  That gives me a perfect fit.  BTW you can also buy bra extenders where sewing supplies are sold, like JoAnn Fabrics.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Contributor

Visit Soma at the mall. They are good for an accurate fitting.

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox If you can, head over to Nordstrom and have them fit you for Wacoal.

At one point I was an "almost A" also and this bra fits well.

The fitter told me that many brands do not make smaller cup sizes because so many

women have breast enhancement surgery, but Wacoal still makes all sizes.

I was a little surprised by her remark.  I have no judgement of a woman's choice, but to hear that this trend has changed most industry sizing standards gave me pause.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@suzyQ3

@ALRATIBA . Thanks for the reminder!  I have a bra that is supposed to be the right band size for me but it's much too tight...too late for me to return it.  I'm going to get a band exteder.

Honored Contributor

This reminds me of the women that need AAA and even AAAA shoes.  Scarce as hens teeth.  I was so embarassed at last doc's appt.  He told me to lift my top so he could check my back for melanoma.  I had a black extender on a nude bra.