Honored Contributor

I just saw this boxy sweatshirt on FB ... only $59.

Love the look but not the fabric ..and I have a pattern from 2012 that's easily altered for a knitted version .... and know the perfect yarn - just need to decide on a color.   I forgot all about this pattern until a friend mentioned it recently ... how much she liked that sweater.

I've made three of these in the past (my version - adding the ribbed cuff and turtleneck on two of them)  - in charcoal, eggplant, and in white.  Charcoal gone - still wearing the white and eggplant.

Time to make another!  

(It's a free pattern - pic on right ....just google tsu shi tunic - easy to make.)

sweater pattern

Honored Contributor

A little too shapeless and not "easy" enough for me to knit it-LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Hey @ALRATIBA, why don't you cut loose and make a RED one? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I already have a red crocheted turtleneck pullover - and a crocheted red vest.  I'm good on red knitwear!

I'm thinking a meadow green, an aran or that new Pantone blue/violet.  I've picked out those three shades .... will order the yarn as soon as I make up my mind.  

(If I'm up to my usual habits .... I'll likely end up with all three colors!  It's a simple pattern.)

--------------------------------

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hey @ALRATIBA, why don't you cut loose and make a RED one? 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so envious of those that knit. What a gift you have. I went to a class one time to learn and I guess I just didn't get it the instructor asked me to leave. I was heart broken. I came home and cried!  

Honored Contributor

be good for pregnant women to wear.

Honored Contributor

@godi 

Well, that was just mean! How are people supposed to learn?

That would've hurt my feelings too, shame on that 'so called instructor'!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@godi 

I learned to knit and crochet when I was a little girl - at the age when we think we can do anything.

My sister can crochet beautifully - but can't manage knitting needles!

Back in early 2019, our church group offered knitting and crochet lessons.  

Some women just didn't have the dexterity and hand/eye coordination to manage two knitting needles and yarn tension, or a crochet hook and yarn tension.  

Some of them were naturals ... were able to pick it up quickly.  

Check out the Youtube videos - learn at your own pace.  And - try crocheting!

-------------------------

@godi wrote:

I'm so envious of those that knit. What a gift you have. I went to a class one time to learn and I guess I just didn't get it the instructor asked me to leave. I was heart broken. I came home and cried!  

Honored Contributor

I like the pattern blue one on the right better than the one on the left. 

Very, very nice pattern and style.  And color.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA How long does it take you to make one?  I assume it is bigger yarn and needles?  Not that I know anything about knitting!  Woman Wink