Respected Contributor

Re: Black Yoga pants to the airport?

On 4/3/2014 grumpycat said:

As long as they're not the super-tight ones and are completely opaque so they don't draw the wrong kind of attention, I don't see a problem. I think dressing comfortably for a flight is perfectly ok, especially for long, trans-continental flights.

They aren't tight and they are totally opaque. I will be with DH. The reason I said I don't have to impress anyone is that it will be just DH and I. We won't be meeting anyone at the end of the flight.

There is another reason. We will be gone for several days and I just don't have that many outfits to take. I hate to "waste" an outfit on the flight to and from the destination. I hate wearing clothes more than one day.

I don't want to buy more clothes right now either. Besides, we are leaving early in the morning!

Esteemed Contributor

I would definitely wear them. I am a little older than you and have worn them and did not feel like I was inappropriately dressed. They are so much more comfortable than jeans, especially on long flights.

Respected Contributor

Actually, I'm surprised at the responses. I really thought I'd get some "no ways". Wonderful!!!

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Really, that's the only comfortable thing you have to wear??? Yoga pants are for yoga/workout/sports type of situations. For myself, I'm comfortable when I feel I look my best.

Respected Contributor

Have you been on an airplane lately? People dress horribly!!!! Sweat pants & big sloppy shirts,flip flops, pajama bottoms, short shorts, big baggy dresses. So, Yes, yoga pants are definitley ok to wear on a plane.

Super Contributor

On 4/3/2014 sockmonkey said:

In Los Angeles, that is pretty much all anyone wears! I would say absolutely!

Just because everyone else does it does not mean that you should even if you could!

I say no unless you have the perfect figure which almost is non-existant, especially for a woman your age. There are plenty of other pants that are just as comfortable and look so much better. Do you have any ponte knits? If not, try them as I'm sure you will like them.

Imo, sweat pants would look better than yoga pants.

Esteemed Contributor

There is absolutely nothing glamorous about flying in an airplane. It requires no more of a dress code that going to the grocery store. Once a glamorous career, now flight attendants can even appear somewhat disheveled.

I think yoga pants are fine travel attire and I have worn them on several flights. Have you seen pictures of red carpet celebrities having just disembarked from a flight? We all look the same!

Respected Contributor

On 4/3/2014 hulagirl said:

Really, that's the only comfortable thing you have to wear??? Yoga pants are for yoga/workout/sports type of situations. For myself, I'm comfortable when I feel I look my best.

hulagirl, you need to get off the island and see more of the world. Yoga pants are worn everywhere. Do you only wear jeans to a rodeo?

Respected Contributor

On 4/3/2014 Classique said:
On 4/3/2014 sockmonkey said:

In Los Angeles, that is pretty much all anyone wears! I would say absolutely!

Just because everyone else does it does not mean that you should even if you could!

I say no unless you have the perfect figure which almost is non-existant, especially for a woman your age. There are plenty of other pants that are just as comfortable and look so much better. Do you have any ponte knits? If not, try them as I'm sure you will like them.

Imo, sweat pants would look better than yoga pants.

Sweat pants R circa 1970! This is what sweat pants say:"I'm poor, fat, sloppy and don't care what I look like". Yoga pants, generally speaking, if you are not fat, look much better.

Esteemed Contributor

I think they would be fine with a slip on shoe of some sort. Interestingly enough, on a trip overseas (tour) a few years back, one of the couples was late getting there and didn't receive their luggage when they arrived. The lady was wearing yoga type pants which she washed when they arrived and wore the next morning. I thought she looked very nice, and she was at least my age (60's).

People do wear just about anything when flying, and I tend to wear "regular" (polyester, etc.) pants. But, I would certainly wear yoga pants instead. Not so much sweat pants, just because my sweat pants aren't that great looking on me (I may be old, but I'm certainly not fat, etc.)