QVC Social Team

You may have noticed a new feature in the Fashion forum called Best Answer. When you start a topic, you have the option to acknowledge when someone else in the Community has given you the “BEST ANSWER” to your original question. Only the original poster can then select what they feel is the best answer to their question, but multiple answers can be flagged as the BEST ANSWER. After a BEST ANSWER is selected, there will be a checkmark to alert other posters that the question has been solved. We hope you will find this added feature helpful when you have a question and find that someone else already asked and received great answers.  

We hope you enjoy the new Best Answer feature!

Respected Contributor

I'm sure some posters will like and use it.  But, to be honest, I hang out here because it's fun, relaxing and sometimes I learn new things.  But I really don't want to put work a lot of work into....lol    I like reading responses to my posts, I'm not going to rate them.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad someone explained this feature.  I was wondering about it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm sure some posters will like and use it.  But, to be honest, I hang out here because it's fun, relaxing and sometimes I learn new things.  But I really don't want to put work a lot of work into....lol    I like reading responses to my posts, I'm not going to rate them.

ITA completely! I have to choose the "best answer" a lot in my occupation. I really don't want to do it here. BTW - it COULD - I'm not saying it will, but it could - turn into a contest with posters rating other posters based on what they think of them, not necessarily on what the best answer is! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Eva-QVC

So if you start a post, where and how does one see that feature?

I've never seen it.

I just posted (and deleted) a test post but didn't see anything that looked like a "best answer" option.  Thank you.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

I believe a person has to respond to your original post for you to see the best answer box.

@Eva-QVC

Is that the green check mark I've been seeing on certain threads' titles before I open them up?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Best Answer feature

[ Edited ]

@Eva-QVC

I'm not exactly sure I consider this a needed enhancement to the board.   Whether or not a poster's query has been answered, a poster might bring a different point of view that others had not thought of.  Perhaps you could explain why you feel this is a benefit?

Another thing I feel you should be cautious of is shouting out to another poster if you agree with something s/he says.  Didn't you just do this on the "jeans" thread?  If your job is to be a moderator with the responsibiiity of poofing posts, I would suggest a neutral stance be presented.  Just my opinion, for what it is worth.  

Trusted Contributor

Who cares, what is the point in this feature?

Esteemed Contributor

I would much rather have the IGNORE switch.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

thanks @Eva-QVC for explaining the feature to us.

i like how the OP can use it or just ignore it......no one is forced to use the feature at all......nice to have the option!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein