Honored Contributor
@EVA-QVC, thanks for explaining this new option, I was wondering. Can the OP change her pick of the best answer if a better choice pops up later?
Ladies, don't shoot down a new feature just because you don't want to use it, maybe others do. You don't HAVE to use it if you don't care to.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Don't the hearts already take care of this?

Also, the "best" answer may not have been written  yet.

I think someone at QVC just needed to seem as though he/she was working, so this questionable idea came up.

Respected Contributor

i agree with snicks, you don't have to use it if you don't want to. i also think it can be helpful at times.  we can see what fellow posters like and may not think is a good idea for them.  no problem there.

QVC Social Team

@Snicks1 wrote:
@EVA-QVC, thanks for explaining this new option, I was wondering. Can the OP change her pick of the best answer if a better choice pops up later?
Ladies, don't shoot down a new feature just because you don't want to use it, maybe others do. You don't HAVE to use it if you don't care to.

Hello @Snicks1! Great question! The answer is yes. If you would like to choose a differnt answer as your Best Answer, simply go to the post that you have already chosen as your best answer, click on the three gray dots and you will see the option in the dropdown for - Not the solution as shown below:

Best Answer pic.png

Hope this helps!

Honored Contributor
@EVA-QVC. Thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it. have a nice day.
"To each their own, in all things".
QVC Social Team

You are correct @JustJazzmom in your answer to @GingerPeach. She can choose the Best answer once other posters start replying. 

And, yes, the green checkmark is to let you know that a best anser has been chosen by the original poster asking the question. So - if you want to know what the answer is without having to read the entire thread, you can do that. 

Hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I would much rather have the IGNORE switch.

Me too! I SO miss that ignore user button because it saved a lot of mean girl reading that I for one don't need. Please bring it back.

Honored Contributor

It's just another option for the thread... you can use it or not use it, many other boards also have this feature.  It's good to have the option.

I agree about having an "Ignore" button, just saves anger from some of us that just can't tolerate reading a specific someone (special).... Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

Don't the hearts already take care of this?

Also, the "best" answer may not have been written  yet.

I think someone at QVC just needed to seem as though he/she was working, so this questionable idea came up.

Hi @insomniac

The difference between this feature and the hearts function is the heart exchange is really between you and the person you gave the heart to. The Best Answer function allows a visitor, who may have wanted to ask the exact same question, a quick way to see what is considered to be the "best answer" according to the original poster.

This feature was available from day one of the launch of this new forum platform. With there being so many changes we felt this particular feature would be better received after everyone was more accustom to the new forum experience. We hope that this feature is seen as a helpful tool versus a burden to the Community.  There is no requirement for the original poster to acknowledge a post as the best answer. There is also the option to acknowledge multiple posts as the best answer.

I hope my reply answers your question.

Esteemed Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:

Who cares, what is the point in this feature?

Like many ecommerce brands QVC is trying to make shopping more "social." Kohl's, for example, now has their moderate insert a chirpy, useless comment into each and every product review to make it feel more like a conversation. This is probably what QVC is doing. Their other attempt at social shopping (toGather) failed and I think they realized these forums are a place to engage their customer and (this is the icky part) use this a resource for promotion. Note the recent attempt to have live chats with vendors here, etc.

I find the entire thing more annoying than helpful, but this is where it's going. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat