Honored Contributor

I have a few.  They're certainly not for everyday wear when you're doing errands and things where they can get in the way (and ruined), but I like them for social occasions.  I have found the three quarter sleeve to be easier to keep out of trouble.

Respected Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@Trudeywrote:

So far, I haven't purchased anything with bell sleeves.  While I think they are beautiful, I worry that they are just a trend that will look dated soon.  I have been tempted, but have resisted so far.  What are your thoughts on bell sleeves?

@Trudey  I don’t do trends especially ones that seem impractical. In fact, several weeks ago, Amy was hosting & wearing huge flowing sleeves. She may have not noticed, but the edge of 1 sleeve had a dark stain on it. I also have not purchased cold shoulder tops either. 

BTW, the sale racks have plenty of both.

There seems to be a tendency on this forum to remark on only the extremes of a trend. To presume that all trends are created alike. There are huge bell sleeves that are impractical. The other side of the spectrum includes slightly flared, shorter sleeve treatments that are not only wearable but likely not to look dated quickly.

@Shanus, I've gleaned through your posts that you prefer a very conservative style. Nothing wrong with that--for you. I (and many others) prefer a more fashion forward look. One is not better than or more "classy" than the other. 

Style is not all or nothing whatever your style. 

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2wrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@Trudeywrote:

So far, I haven't purchased anything with bell sleeves.  While I think they are beautiful, I worry that they are just a trend that will look dated soon.  I have been tempted, but have resisted so far.  What are your thoughts on bell sleeves?

@Trudey  I don’t do trends especially ones that seem impractical. In fact, several weeks ago, Amy was hosting & wearing huge flowing sleeves. She may have not noticed, but the edge of 1 sleeve had a dark stain on it. I also have not purchased cold shoulder tops either. 

BTW, the sale racks have plenty of both.

There seems to be a tendency on this forum to remark on only the extremes of a trend. To presume that all trends are created alike. There are huge bell sleeves that are impractical. The other side of the spectrum includes slightly flared, shorter sleeve treatments that are not only wearable but likely not to look dated quickly.

@Shanus, I've gleaned through your posts that you prefer a very conservative style. Nothing wrong with that--for you. I (and many others) prefer a more fashion forward look. One is not better than or more "classy" than the other. 

Style is not all or nothing whatever your style. 

@Ms tyrion2  That’s true. To each her own always.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoonwrote:

I have a few.  They're certainly not for everyday wear when you're doing errands and things where they can get in the way (and ruined), but I like them for social occasions.  I have found the three quarter sleeve to be easier to keep out of trouble.

@faeriemoonand to all of you who enjoy the pretty sleeve treatment here's a fun fact I just discovered.

the bigger the bell, and the flowier and lighter the fabric (chiffon for instance), the less likely to catch on things! I discovered this quite by accident last week when I finally wore my beautiful, orange, CHIFFON, BR top with the biggest sleeves I own! lol

The arms of my office chair do not attach to the back of the chair; if I'm not paying attention it can be jolting if you will Woman Wink

I did not have that issue at all! They just draped and flowed around everything

ME 5.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Trudeywrote:

sometimes it's OK to get one piece of a trend to be update your look, they are available at all prices 

I would buy one with 3/4 sleeves it's a bit easier to wear

Honored Contributor

ETA 

at my favorite "boutique " there is a nice selection of tops similar to the IM top on now, at a fraction of the price.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bell Sleeves

[ Edited ]

I love bell sleeves.  I don't like super exaggerated ones.  i've owned a few tops for years, and I think they are always in style.  Right now, they are even more in style.

I will not be donating the ones i own.

These sleeves are not too exaggerated.  I don't own this or love it, but I like the sleeves;

http://www.qvc.com/Belle-by-Kim-Gravel-V-neck-Woven-Blouse-with-Bell-Sleeves.product.A296552.html?sc...

This is another pretty one.  I like the sleeves.

http://www.qvc.com/Isaac-Mizrahi-Live%21-Knit-Scoop-Neck-Bell-Sleeve-Peplum-Top.product.A299835.html...

I bought a really pretty Alfani top last week in red-with bell sleeves. (Macys).

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"