Super Contributor

The season has begun finally.

I have started to see bathing suits in stores and have bough 4 one piece and 3 bikinis so far. I buy new every year, it's fun to update.

It makes me happy to buy bathing suits because it makes me feel that a vacation is getting closer, can't wait.

One of the bikinis is plain white but really pretty, I have a ton of black but not white so I got it. When I tried it on though, it looked a little like I was wearing a bra and underwear LOL and I definitely will have to spray tan as white does not look good on pale skin.

I am also not allowed to wear any bathing suit with animal print like a cheetah, my husband hates the look.

I don't ever try them on in the store, I'm pretty good at looking at them and can tell if they fit, I don't size up and I'm one of apparently few women that can fit the same size bottom and top so I can buy bikinis in sets where instead, I have friends that are small on the bottom and humongous on top so they have to buy top and bottoms separately.

Bathing suits are the kind of thing that I like to buy in person and not online.

Honored Contributor

@c_la_veewrote:

The season has begun finally.

I have started to see bathing suits in stores and have bough 4 one piece and 3 bikinis so far. I buy new every year, it's fun to update.

It makes me happy to buy bathing suits because it makes me feel that a vacation is getting closer, can't wait.

One of the bikinis is plain white but really pretty, I have a ton of black but not white so I got it. When I tried it on though, it looked a little like I was wearing a bra and underwear LOL and I definitely will have to spray tan as white does not look good on pale skin.

I am also not allowed to wear any bathing suit with animal print like a cheetah, my husband hates the look.

I don't ever try them on in the store, I'm pretty good at looking at them and can tell if they fit, I don't size up and I'm one of apparently few women that can fit the same size bottom and top so I can buy bikinis in sets where instead, I have friends that are small on the bottom and humongous on top so they have to buy top and bottoms separately.

Bathing suits are the kind of thing that I like to buy in person and not online.

@c_la_vee

Oh, my!  Good for you!  I have to say you must be in the minority being excited about bathing suit shopping and also the ability to just purchase without trying on!  How great!  I envy you.  My bathing suit days are over.  I never did really enjoy bathing suit shopping even when I was young.  Although I did, as you indicate, get kind of excited when I did shop for a new one as sometimes a trip or vacation was on the horizon.  Enjoy your new suits and also your upcoming vacations!!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Ladies, just sharing that I have been SO uncomfortable in those two piece suits with tops that have the three horizontal ruffles on the front.  Talk about a pressure cooker, and I'm cold natured.  You might want to think twice.

Magicsuit Sea Glass Rita Triple Tier Tankini Top

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Respected Contributor

To the OP: really? It almost sounds like a work of fiction.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2wrote:

Seriously...or a teen or twenty something.  I really don't know many older women who get excited about buying bathing suits or bikinis unless they are gym rats.

Honored Contributor

You are the only person in the history of swimwear who enjoys the ritual of purchasing and wearing a bathing suit.

Honored Contributor

I bought 2 suits last year and didn't get much use out of them so I don't need for this year. 

I'm more interested in finding nice cover-ups.  Woman LOLWoman Frustrated  

Valued Contributor

I would rather use a public restroom without washing my hands than shop for a swimsuitSmiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@insomniac2wrote:

Absolutely. My thought exactly..BS.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth