Trusted Contributor

It pays to shop around...I was able to get a Barefoot Dreams throw at Nordstroms Rack for $52.  (original price $147.  (Black Friday Price.)  online...I will not go to the store.  I hate fighting the crowds.

Respected Contributor

I get Amazon stuff quickly because they have a warehouse 12 miles from me.  I get Target stuff quickly (most of the time) because they have a warehouse in the next city.

Respected Contributor

I need some washing advice for my Barefoot Dreams cardis.

I bought two cardigans a few years ago when they were a TSV.  I live in Florida so I don't wear them often and wrap them around a hanger to avoid stretching.  I wore one recently and washed it in cool water with a little Woolite, dried it on low for not very long, and hung it up to finish air-drying.  The sweater looks horrible.  Wrinkled and not as soft as it used to be.  I did not use fabric softener or dryer sheets.  What did I do wrong???  I thought about re-washing but will do that if anyone recommends anything in particular.

Respected Contributor

@BarbiHollywood I don't use Woolite, but if I lay my BD items flat to dry completely or just dry them for a very short time, they are stiff and not as soft as they originally were.  I try to dry them at least halfway through the medium cycle and then hang them or lay them flat to finish drying.  

I wear BD on a daily basis so over time the fabrics do lose some of their softness.  But for me it takes many, many washings for that to happen.

Valued Contributor
I believe Woolite has fabric softener in it and with BD items you do not use fabric softener it will ruin the softness of the fabric. I accidentally had a fabric softener sheet in the dryer when drying my daughter sweater I purchased her and it ruined it. Wasn’t the same afterwards.
Respected Contributor

@BarbiHollywood I had one more idea that might help.  Put it in the dryer on the air/no heat setting with a towel and it might soften up a little or at least get the wrinkles out.

Respected Contributor

@LinmoNot a bad idea! Thanks! I'll try it today. I still have it hanging and seeing all the wrinkles makes me mad considering the cost. I hope the dryer trick works. Keep you posted. :-)))