Trusted Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams...has QVC gone crazy?

I saw that last night, thought the same thing.  No way I'm spending that kind of $$$ for pjs.  To me, there are more important things in life than a pricey pair of pjs.  Won't the elastic wearout, just like other garments with elastic?  I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.

This line is not for me.  Those that like it and are ok with the prices, I say enjoy yourselves.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SweetJ   Ms J, if you think the prices are HIGH here, you should log into their own site and check out the prices there. Almost bargains here.

Almost....

Honored Contributor

@3suwm5 wrote:

I saw that last night, thought the same thing.  No way I'm spending that kind of $$$ for pjs.  To me, there are more important things in life than a pricey pair of pjs.  Won't the elastic wearout, just like other garments with elastic?  I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.

This line is not for me.  Those that like it and are ok with the prices, I say enjoy yourselves.Woman Happy

There are different quality "elastics"....  if they used a high quality elastic material it will last a long time with constant use.  If they used a low quality elastic material, the elastic witll stretch out and buckle with fairly little use.  We assume a high quality garment will use a high quality elastic, but in my experience as a sewer, that's not always the way it is.... and once it's incorporated into the garment it's extremely difficult to know what quality was used.... that is until it loses it's elasticity, then you know.  But no... all elastics used in garments are not created equal....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Occasional Contributor

This is a bit off topic....I am still on waitlist for 2 of these that are now showing at full price in stock.  Not sure why they aren't filling the back orders??  I love this line an pick up something every year at the yearly summer sale at N.  Their blackest/throws are the best. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those interested in the soft cushy type fabrics of Barefoot Dreams, but don't care for the prices, try Cuddl Duds.  Cuddl Duds has been making comfort loungewear and thermal underwear for decades.  They have a few selections in QVC's inventory, and the brand is available at many department stores, and online retailers.  

I have never had a Cuddl Dud item which was not good quality.  All of the items I've owned have lasted for a few years before I considered them to be worn out.  These items did not have pills and tears.  They were just stretched out with faded colors. 

Honored Contributor

Just about anything goes with fashion today so I think if people are willing to spend big bucks for items that IMO look like hairy bathrobes, more power to you. QVC is just giving people what they want and yes they are, again IMO expensive for what the products are.

Honored Contributor

Why do people say things are over priced just because they can't afford them?   Barefoot Dreams prices are too steep for me but I don't think they are overpriced.  Have you been to any of the better stores lately?  

Trusted Contributor

"normal" is a relative term.  If you can't afford something, just skip it and buy something cheaper.  I own a cardi that I got during the nordie's sale and love it.  Those who bought the TSV got a great Value as the price is now back to the "normal" BD price. 

Why do some people feel that everyone is in the same financial position or spends money in the same way.  A puzzle for sure!

Trusted Contributor

Saying something is overpriced does not mean we can't afford it.  It means that we think the quality of fabric and workmanship is not in accord with the price.  Many of us have said we are willing to pay the higher price if the finished product is worth it.  As the old saying goes "cost per wear".  We do not feel that we are getting the product that is being sold to us by the hosts and vendors.  They say true to size.  Often it is not.  A winter coat that is presented to keep you warm while walking across the Q parking lot during a storm should be warm and wind resistant to a degree.  What I received was a coat with a fur lined hood that had a thin lining and was not warm in easy Dec weather.  I should not have to layer a winter coat.  It would make driving a car unsafe.  Etc.   Etc.  Etc.

Trusted Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

Saying something is overpriced does not mean we can't afford it.  It means that we think the quality of fabric and workmanship is not in accord with the price.  Many of us have said we are willing to pay the higher price if the finished product is worth it.  As the old saying goes "cost per wear".  We do not feel that we are getting the product that is being sold to us by the hosts and vendors.  They say true to size.  Often it is not.  A winter coat that is presented to keep you warm while walking across the Q parking lot during a storm should be warm and wind resistant to a degree.  What I received was a coat with a fur lined hood that had a thin lining and was not warm in easy Dec weather.  I should not have to layer a winter coat.  It would make driving a car unsafe.  Etc.   Etc.  Etc.

"worth it"-- another relative term.  Luckily there are many shopping venues and tons of options out there.  I rarely shop QVC as there are too many inconsitencies, as you say, by vendors and hosts who tell you what is not true.  Not sure why many continue to shop hoping that things will change.  I choose to spend your money elsewhere.