Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams...has QVC gone crazy?

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

I love this line and I like that QVC has price points for all.  The vest is no more expensive then some of the other QVC lines items.  Barefoot Dreams has their own website and the price run exactly the same with with the Q, you have an easy pay option and I can get my ebates points/dollars.  Some don't care for the line, but for me its a win/win.

Deb

I agree. I love barefoot dreams and glad that are at the Q. I buy from here as well as Nordstrom. There is something for everyone here at the Q. 

Occasional Visitor

I love the barefoot dreams line and am thrilled QVC is selling it. Its luxury. Some of the other Q designers price things pretty high these days that are pretty similar IMO and the quality doesn't match this brand.
Super Contributor

I almost purchased the TSV cardigan, but when I compared it to their bathrobe, I could not tell a difference except for the belt.   One reviewer said the material reminded them of their clipped poodle.  For me, I was afraid my rings would catch on the 'looping'.   The garment was really cute, but pricey as the OP mentioned.

Respected Contributor

I'm thrilled QVC is carrying Barefoot Dreams. 

Honored Contributor

I am happy they carry this line.....just remember though the robes have vanity sizing. They run very large and the sizing is slightly off.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Mona_L wrote:

I almost purchased the TSV cardigan, but when I compared it to their bathrobe, I could not tell a difference except for the belt.   One reviewer said the material reminded them of their clipped poodle.  For me, I was afraid my rings would catch on the 'looping'.   The garment was really cute, but pricey as the OP mentioned.

The robes are actually a somewhat different, heftier fabric than the clothing items which are thinner and smoother, if that makes sense.

Contributor

@Kachina624  I know high end consignment shops here that will not take SG, LOGO, other designers from here.  I was told Bob Mackie was "yesteryear" They want - get this mall brands. Honestly they would rather have Forever 21 garbage over a fab dress from Bob Mackie - are you kidding me. Some of the designers that are on the Q are icons and still have it.  They know how to design clothing and still do couture.   I have actually seen WalMart product in one of these stores, and they carry DB and Coach bags along with Prada, Gucci Tori Burch etc, but they said they would not take anything from QVC or HSN or any other shopping network as they are not real desingers (how funny), but I guess they are doing what their demographic wants,  Sad to say I have found some of the cutest stuff at WalMart (which is not sad) the sad part is that their stripes match all the way around the garment and cost $15.00, and I have paid $50.00 for a top here and the pattern or stripe does not meet (sad part).   Some things I did notice while shopping at a well known discount store..... I think even though we are charged through the nose on a lot of stuff and should not be due to quality and materials etc, sizing being completely off - manufacuting mistakes with sizing, (wrong size tags being put on items at the mfg level) some things are well made and finished properly, there is princess seaming, bust darts, items are cut to fit a womans body and then release -  in comparison to what I saw this week.

Off topic:

I also realized yet again how darn rude people are out in public shopping environments.    I had a ****** for tat hanger shoving match with a woman on one of the long clothing racks.. Really?  When you are standing there minding your own business and almost at the end of a rack and a woman walks up and shoves (hard) on some clothing to force a large opening in your direction, which in turn closes the one you have open, you think okay maybe she did not realize how hard she pushed.  I pushed it back open a little bit, she shoved it back, okay really now, you know what you are doing and I am not about to put up with that (bad day, back is killing me and in no mood for nonsense). I turned my head and looked at her afer round three and her comment " I want to look too", my response "Look, I am not going to argue with you, I am also looking as you surely noticed when you walked up and, the rack only goes so far to the right, there is plenty of room to your left"..  She walked away.  

The upside to my vist even though I walked out with nothing - and the most fun I had in the store - styling a perfect stranger that needed some help - how fun is that Smiley Wink   She bought the sweetest boots and dress that looked amazing together.  Too bad they did not have the boots in my size Smiley Sad  tall shaft suede med olive green with a dark wood block heel.    

Contributor

@RespectLife I have not purchased any C Wonder, but have a few H by Halston items that I love.  I might have just picked the right items.  I do agree with the concept of paying for quality especially if something is classic and will be in your wardrobe for years to come.  I am unfamiliar with the brand, but for my budget I can't justify a robe at their prices since the amount of use I would get out of it would not be as much as I would get out of a well made handbag.  So, I think everyone has to decide where their dollar is best spent on those quality items.  Good to know that if I go for an item in their line at some point, that they hold up well.  Thanks for the info Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

BAREFOOT DREAMS ARE WAY OVER PRICED!! TO ME CUDDLY DUDS ARE A SIMILAR PRODUCT AND THEY ARE SO MORE AFFORDABLE.

QVC CLOTHING IS GETTING WAY WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. SUSAN GRAVER'S CLOTHES ARE WAY OVER PRICED ALONG WITH LOGO. IT IS RIDICULOUS FOR LOGO'S VEST ARE $86.00 THAT IS INSANE.

GILI'S ARE ALSO TOO HIGH FOR WHAT YOU GET!!

YOU NEED TO RE-EVALUATE ALL THE PRICING OF SUSAN GRAVER, LOGO AND GILI'S. NOT WORTH IT FOR THE QUALITY YOU GET IN THESE LINES OF CLOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

LOVE the barefoot dreams line......purchased two of the cardigans they had as a tsv and wish i had picked up more colors. i will certainly be looking at this line in the future on qvc and in nordstrom. so comfortable, great fit, perfect everyday wear.

i dont find it to be similar in quality to cuddl duds......barefoot dreams has a much nicer feel, higher quality details, and more substantial fabric.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein