Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

[ Edited ]

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@rochelleS Hmmm! That is interesting what you have said regarding BD csr and their lighter colors. I do also wonder then if the “process” used on the lighter colors sometimes allows for shedding. It’s obviously not every light colored garment, but maybe on occasion some are affected?? Interesting thought! 

As for snagging the taupe blazer cardi on waitlist.....I was shamelessly stalking the heck outta that thing. 😂 I completely blame that on you!! 😉 Hoping to be a proud owner in the near future. Ha! Ha!

@1Professor  This is ridiculous! I also ordered the day of presentation and received it in 3 days!! We are not too far from each other ether. Frustrating!!

Edited to add: Oops! @1Professor, sorry I misread. I thought you were in MI. It’s @rochelleS that is. (I’m in WI.)

@AmericanBulldogMom 

The fact that I'm in CA doesn't explain why it hasn't left Hodgkins.

I ordered 3 (2 mediums, one large)

Respected Contributor

@1Professor No it certainly does not. I just wasn’t sure of your neck of the woods. Hodgkins, IL is only 1.5 hrs from me. I should grab them and hand deliver. It would be quicker! 😂

Valued Contributor

I received my notch collar blazer today in the graphite. I just say this is a spectacular piece. Everything about this blazer is fantastic. It is a little heavier than cardigans but I don’t think it’s that heavy and the host indicated it would be. Unsure of the negative reviews for that. I was a little unsure of this item when I ordered it however, now that I have it it’s here to stay. The only negative is I wish I would have picked up the olive also.

@World Traveler When I was trying this on I could see me wearing it with a lighter long sleeve top or a very light sweater. I can also see wearing this with the slub T-shirt or even the washed T-shirt I have in black or indigo. I would go with your first thought when you tried it on regarding the size. I hope you enjoy!
Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor 

I read many times on these boards that Hodgkins IL has been a sticking place where many orders get bogged down while in route. Hopefully you'll see your items the first of the week. It's soooo frustrating!

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@1Professor 

I read many times on these boards that Hodgkins IL has been a sticking place where many orders get bogged down while in route. Hopefully you'll see your items the first of the week. It's soooo frustrating!

@rochelleS 

At least I expedited the notch collar cardigan, OLIVE!, which is fabulous.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AmericanBulldogMom 

I'll take that "blame," lol, still that was great stalking on your part! I really look forward to your and anybody else who gets the taupe, comments. I don't recall seeing anyone here posting about receiving the Indigo. I believe there was a product review posted and the reviewer didn't seem too pleased, stating the color was a blue black (?) Seemed rather miffed. Didn't feel it was very denim friendly Something like that...I'd like that blue black Indigo in this blazer cardi. Sounds very smart looking to me. 

I'm thinking perhaps it's the lighter colors that have the optical effect of shimmering, the changeable characteristic in light that the rep mentioned when I said the taupe color was like a chameleon. That may be the reason not all of the light colors shed. I dunno,  just a thought that could make sense. Or not. Possible inconsistencies in manufacturing also. I've seen too many irregularities in my short time with the brand. Mostly sleeve and garment lengths and different neckline and button placement on the long duster. Stuff like that...for the price, you'd think the quality control would be better. Or they make special for the Q ,which I suspect as the BD reps seemed surprised when I called inquiring about said garments.

Don't know what the Big Deal or tsv will bring but when I raved about the Rosewood color the CSR agreed and said there will be more coming for the holidays..hmmm.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler  and anyone else who may be interested. I made a boo boo describing these pants as a languid trouser. That particular pant appears to be no longer available  (I will check my garments item #) But those pictured here again, do come in both regular and petite, in black, ivy and dark sand. The dark sand color is virtually identical to those in my erred description. A great match for the Taupe blazer cardi and a great pant! The Ivy will work back to the Spruce color. There's another pant in a dark mushroom that I'll pair tomorrow in the daylight and share if it coordinates with our BD goodies. Sorry bout this mix up♡♡♡. Still a crummy pic of a classy pant.

Screenshot_2019-08-10-15-34-02-1.png

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS  Again I agree with you on the QC of BD as I too have also dealt with the sizing inconsistencies (uneven sleeve lengths several times actually and same size items not actually being the same size, etc). It’s very frustrating, but I do love their pieces. This is why that despite the stated above, I’m still here ordering a ton! Lol! 

I too read the review about the indigo color. I already have this color (in other garments) and love it. I don’t feel the same as the reviewer as I DO think it goes great with denim. To each his own of course and I know we don’t all “see” colors the same.

What is frustrating me the most about the reviews are those knocking it bc of it’s weight. I watched every presentation and that was mentioned each and every time along with it being double knitted and more structured bc of this, therefore creating the “blazer” quality of it. It was not misrepresented. Just bc someone did not pay attention when ordering does not warrant a low rating. I know when I ordered mine I was well aware of what to expect. When I received it I could not have been more pleased. 

Respected Contributor

@Joizz11 So glad to hear you are pleased with your blazer cardi. The graphite color is gorgeous isn’t it?  I wore it over my slub knit tee in charcoal and it looked great. Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

RRe: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

[ Edited ]

@AmericanBulldogMom 

I agree with you 100%!!! Especially those who do not pay attention and ding their reviews. Or a garment arrives poorly and gets dinged for crummy packaging or shipping thoughtlessness. Btw, I've gotten credit from cs to have the dry cleaner press an item when its arrived like a wet towel in the boy's lockeroom. Or how 'bout those who throw the packing material and receipt  away and are stuck with what they don't like or proper size/fit. Duh, you can write that info on an index card, place in a zip lock and return for a refund. No need to trash an item for unrelated reasons. SMH every time I see these inane comments.