Trusted Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams 2020 Friends and Fans Chat

Well, we need more of her when Barefoot Dreams is on. Hopefully she will be on with the next TSV in Feb.

Respected Contributor

Alright! So today I rec'd all 3 of the Big Deal 2 shawl collar cardi's (ocean, almond and taupe). I went 1 size up (bc Leah and another model sized up and also bc I am tall and this is shorter in length). It's thick and cozy. Has some structuring to it I would say. It will be nice and warm, that I can tell already. I could have stayed with my true size, but at the size I have it's a perfect length, including the arms. It's a keeper thankfully bc my normal size is sold out in the 3 colors I have.

Speaking of colors, they are all beautiful. The taupe is not even close to beachrock (which I thought it might be) and the almond in this pattern/style is different then the button cardi I have in almond. The ocean is a new color for me so I'm glad to add it to my wardrobe. (I had an ultra lite top in ocean but sent it back bc it shed terribly. So I did already know what to expect it to be , colorwise anyways.)

Looking forward to hear what the rest of you ladies think when you receive yours. (I will for sure be wearing one of them tomorrow. Can't wait!😁)

Trusted Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

Alright! So today I rec'd all 3 of the Big Deal 2 shawl collar cardi's (ocean, almond and taupe). I went 1 size up (bc Leah and another model sized up and also bc I am tall and this is shorter in length). It's thick and cozy. Has some structuring to it I would say. It will be nice and warm, that I can tell already. I could have stayed with my true size, but at the size I have it's a perfect length, including the arms. It's a keeper thankfully bc my normal size is sold out in the 3 colors I have.

Speaking of colors, they are all beautiful. The taupe is not even close to beachrock (which I thought it might be) and the almond in this pattern/style is different then the button cardi I have in almond. The ocean is a new color for me so I'm glad to add it to my wardrobe. (I had an ultra lite top in ocean but sent it back bc it shed terribly. So I did already know what to expect it to be , colorwise anyways.)

Looking forward to hear what the rest of you ladies think when you receive yours. (I will for sure be wearing one of them tomorrow. Can't wait!😁)

Does the Taupe have a Mauve undertone. It's was mentioned on air and also in a review that it does. Would appreciate your input on the color.

Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

Well, we need more of her when Barefoot Dreams is on. Hopefully she will be on with the next TSV in Feb.

@Lucylu12ITA!!! She was awesome.  She always give the best presentations.  SB, Kerstin and a few others never give the important information. 

Respected Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

Does the Taupe have a Mauve undertone. It's was mentioned on air and also in a review that it does. Would appreciate your input on the color.

@Lucylu12I do not see any mauve undertone. Best I can describe it is the beachrock I would say is a beige/grey(?) while the taupe to me is a true tan. Does that help or make sense? The taupe is a "richer" color where the beachrock is more of a "faded" color.

Trusted Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@Lucylu12I do not see any mauve undertone. Best I can describe it is the beachrock I would say is a beige/grey(?) while the taupe to me is a true tan. Does that help or make sense? The taupe is a "richer" color where the beachrock is more of a "faded" color.

Thanks yes that does help. On own the duster in beach rock. By your description I think I would like the Taupe very much. I didn't want any mauve tome in it. My advanced order just came in in Almond and The Pink and my waitlist came in, in the Taupe. Now I have to make up my mind. I have the Almond in the Boucle and like it very much. Don't have anything in Taupe or Pink. The Ocean is on waitlist. I have to make up my mind quick because as you know they don't give you much time to cancel. Not sure what to do but I only want two.🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Joizz11 wrote:
I just received my QVC2 big deal in the almond xs and wow I love it. The fit is right on and it comes to my lower hip area so I don’t feel it’s too short at all. The color is gorgeous and the fit is spot on with my xs I usually receive in this brand. I love everything about it. Can’t wait to receive my waitlist ocean color as well.

@Joizz11That's great news!  I should be getting my ocean tomorrow.  I can't wait to see it. The reviews so far are all great.

@Joizz11I received my ocean Big Deal!  I love it.  The color is pretty it has a grayish hue to it.  It will go with many things.  I ordered xs and the fit is perfect.  I'm 5'3 1/2 and it comes to my lower hip.  It is pure perfection.

Super Contributor

I received the Taupe today - and to my eye it does have a pinkish/mauve undertone.  It's also chunkier/heavier than I thought it would be.

I'm tall and with the shorter length it hangs weirdly off my chestal region and then the front doesn't drape at all.  It just hangs there.  I'm afraid it is going to go back.

Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I just ordered the Bid Deal 2 shawl collar cardi in Ocean. This morning (AM Style) at least they gave the sizes everyone was wearing and Leah and one of the models went up one size while the other 2 stayed TTS. Bc of this (and being tall) I ordered up one size. 🤞🏻

@AmericanBulldogMom  I tried to get on this thread for days and couldn't.   I was in Burlington over the weekend or at least close to Burlington.  The Benson's Corner Antique shops, went there while the men watched football on Sunday.  

I bought the BD Big Deal in the Ballet Pink.  I did a bit of damage watching the the show with Sandra.  BTW, i have the scarf and hat set they have this year and its AMAZING!  I bought it in the Carbon Black from QVC and placed orders for the Pink set and Rose Set on Amazon.  

I am in the office today and wearing: 

A368819 The Mosaic Cozy Chic Poncho in the Blue version.  Its a knockout!
Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Mosaic Beach Poncho in the Blue version.  Smiley Happy

@Sunnycorle 

i purchased three of those hat and scarf sets. i kept one and gave two as gifts to my daughters. they are so warm and comfy! i would love to get another set. never really thought to look on amazon although qvc has a better selection of colors.

have you tried the cozy chic lite scarf and/or hat? i am wondering how it compares?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I just ordered the Bid Deal 2 shawl collar cardi in Ocean. This morning (AM Style) at least they gave the sizes everyone was wearing and Leah and one of the models went up one size while the other 2 stayed TTS. Bc of this (and being tall) I ordered up one size. 🤞🏻

@AmericanBulldogMom  I tried to get on this thread for days and couldn't.   I was in Burlington over the weekend or at least close to Burlington.  The Benson's Corner Antique shops, went there while the men watched football on Sunday.  

I bought the BD Big Deal in the Ballet Pink.  I did a bit of damage watching the the show with Sandra.  BTW, i have the scarf and hat set they have this year and its AMAZING!  I bought it in the Carbon Black from QVC and placed orders for the Pink set and Rose Set on Amazon.  

I am in the office today and wearing: 

A368819 The Mosaic Cozy Chic Poncho in the Blue version.  Its a knockout!
Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Mosaic Beach Poncho in the Blue version.  Smiley Happy

@Sunnycorle 

i purchased three of those hat and scarf sets. i kept one and gave two as gifts to my daughters. they are so warm and comfy! i would love to get another set. never really thought to look on amazon although qvc has a better selection of colors.

have you tried the cozy chic lite scarf and/or hat? i am wondering how it compares?

@sunshine45 

Obsessed with that hat and scarf currently.  I do have quite a few of the cozy chic lite hats and they are great! I am a breast cancer survivor and wore them all winter of 2018.  They were the only thing I wanted on my bald head!  But they are very nice on a head of hair as well and tuck into spaces in the car for just in case cold times.