Respected Contributor
Both my mom and I have been QVC shoppers since 1991. We've never had anything from QVC, not even a lousy EP offer. I used to usec a Q card and my mom still does. She had a birthday few month ago and got nothing from them. She shops quite often with them. Me, not so much nowadays. I prefer to spend my money with retailers that have better deals and incentives to shop with them. This random ( if it really is) practice of sending gifts and EP offers doesn't seem a nice way to treat long term and or frequent shoppers.
Contributor

It shouldn't matter if you have their credit card or not. this is a multi millon dollar company and it would nice to offer say some amount off your total or free shipping on your birthday.

My birthday is Nov 13 and i have already recieved emails with 25% off one item from payless and 5.00 off coupon from kohls. It barely puts a dent in their pocket but retains customer loyalty.

Valued Contributor

What a place to shop!! I've been purchasing here since the very beginning and no LIE several years I spent over $100,000 each year and not one special consideration. I usually send around $60,000 a year and one time I called to see if I could get a lousy easy pay and was told it was not available. I shop at many upscale department stores and get all kinds of goodies. NM sends me a beautifully bound leather calendar book every year; free points to use for vacations with champagne and flowers in my suite or cabin. QVC zippo. Of course, that does not include the standard every day things that many department store include, like free shipping and free return. By the way Saks Off 5th has a fabulous sales going on now with free shipping over $75 for all cumulative purchases in a 24 hour period with 50% off , after their already reduced outlet prices, on gorgeous clothing, like shoes made in Italy, silk blouses and scarves. Items are much nicer than QVC carriers and with their fabulous sales and free shipping are actually cheaper than the Q. All shipped in very nice, sturdy boxes with tissue paper, hangers and little thank you notes. Not clothing all wrinkled and shoved inside filthy plastic bags. And by the way, you can actually track your packages. It's a miracle!! I am about ready to hang up my Q membership. When Linea goes, I go or maybe even sooner. I called a few weeks ago to ask a question before I ordered (I usually buy on line) and this particular item was almost sold out; I asked the male c/s rep my question and mentioned it was almost sold out; he told me to hold and then he started a conversation with what sounded like a friend; when he got back to me he said the item was no longer available and I said I knew but it wasn't before you started your personal conversation, he told me to go blank myself. Nice company. I know, I don't have to shop here and wouldn't if Linea wasn't a line exclusive to QVC.

Contributor
Gosh, can't the Q send out guidelines for perks like every other store does? If you use thier card entitles you to a. Spending x amount of dal loads entitles you to b. Or have a reward club geez. Make if fair.
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/2/2014 MarthaStewardess said: Both my mom and I have been QVC shoppers since 1991. We've never had anything from QVC, not even a lousy EP offer. I used to usec a Q card and my mom still does. She had a birthday few month ago and got nothing from them. She shops quite often with them. Me, not so much nowadays. I prefer to spend my money with retailers that have better deals and incentives to shop with them. This random ( if it really is) practice of sending gifts and EP offers doesn't seem a nice way to treat long term and or frequent shoppers.

I agree. And it also isn't too smart. I would have no idea that other people were getting birthday goodies if not for these forums. Obviously, it's easy for us to communicate with each other here about things like this, but I guess QVC doesn't care if we find out that some get and some don't.

Not good PR at all, IMO.

Kiss

Super Contributor

I have NEVER received anything of value. A stupid easy pay offer. They don't get much of my money, as there is a much better option. Wink

Contributor

I called QVC this morning about a return that I was making. I asked the Customer Servvice person that I was talking with about the tote. She said that a postcard was sent out (I did not get one), or something was included in the bill you receive. She also said you had to spend $200.00 in one month to qualify to receive the tote. I said OMG, cheaper to go out and buy one. She was very nice and I ended up getting a $10.00 credit toward shipping. Just thought I would share what I found out.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/3/2014 MariGaf said:

I called QVC this morning about a return that I was making. I asked the Customer Servvice person that I was talking with about the tote. She said that a postcard was sent out (I did not get one), or something was included in the bill you receive. She also said you had to spend $200.00 in one month to qualify to receive the tote. I said OMG, cheaper to go out and buy one. She was very nice and I ended up getting a $10.00 credit toward shipping. Just thought I would share what I found out.

A few years ago, I asked a CS rep why some people get birthday gifts, special offers, etc. She said it was totally random. That makes no sense to me. As a good customer since the very beginning of QVC, it seems that they should be rewarding that. I never expected anything big. Just throw me a crumb!

Now I shop elsewhere. Not really because of that, but a little shout-out to good customers would go a long way.

Kiss

Honored Contributor

I've been with QVC for well 20 years and I've never received a b'day gift either. For many years, I received an easy pay offer for my b'day but I not this year. Not that I can recall anyway. And I buy a lot of stuff from QVC.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/3/2014 madcity411 said:

I have NEVER received anything of value. A stupid easy pay offer. They don't get much of my money, as there is a much better option. Wink

You got more than I did! All I ever got was a birthday card about 10 years ago with pre-printed signatures of all the hosts. Nothing in all the years before, nothing in all the years since.

Kiss