Honored Contributor

here is a nice article about Stan that came across my blogs

http://fashionista.com/2015/06/stan-herman-father-of-fashion-week

Honored Contributor

That was VERY interesting!  Thank you for sharing that article.

Honored Contributor
Wow, I had no idea about any of that. I just thought he was the pajama man. Thanks for pointing out that he's so much more.
Honored Contributor
Thank you for providing the link. I like Stan a lot and just ordered two of his PJ sets on clearance. Years ago, QVC always had a Stan Herman TSV in the months leading up to Christmas.
Honored Contributor

Glad you enjoyed it, he has had a long career and as you saw really keeps up with the industry.  The PJ schtick is just one facet.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing this article. How interesting his fashion business has been. I love his pajamas and they are treat to myself. I've not found another brand that wears as well, feels the same on the skin and has unique designs. I'm not much for flowers or plaids but prefer more the watecolors, abstracts or pastels.      

Esteemed Contributor

Super!  thanks for sharing that.  I have some of his awesome robes & pj's.  It is nice to read more about him & his expertise.

Honored Contributor

If you were reading Seventeen magazine in the 60s, you'd see ads in every issue for the "Stan Herman for Mr. Mort" fashions.  I coveted them all, and even bought a few.  

I didn't find any magazine ads but here's a ready-to-wear 60s dress in white (the copy said wedding) by Stan Herman for Mr. Mort:  Besides ready-to-wear, he also designed patterns.  Below this white dress is a pattern from the 70s.  I used to have a wonderful chiffon halter dress like that in blue and green.  Good times!

1970s Tent Dress or Evening Gown Designer Stan Herman Vogue Americana 2976 Vintage 70s Sewing Pattern Size 10 Bust 32.5 UNCUT with LABEL

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.