Regular Contributor

I hope so as they are absolutely ugly. Leave it to the fashion industry to come up with something very unattractive! The next thing that needs to go is the bell sleeve. Who needs all of that fabric flapping around. And one other fashion ugly is the elbow length sleeve! Just do it 3/4 and be done with it. If people want it shorter than can push it up. 

Respected Contributor

One can only hope.

Respected Contributor

Oh, I really hope they are done!  I have narrow shoulders and the opening for the shoulders always landed on my upper arms.  Bowing to fashion, I did purchase a couple cold shoulder tops.  Maybe, I can line the openings with a sheer fabric.  Different look.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
No they're not. I was out shopping today and saw plenty of them. They're still being sold in catalogs. They've been around for a long time so it really isn't a fad.
Esteemed Contributor

I certainly hope they're out.  Never liked them to begin with.

Honored Contributor

I still see plenty of people wearing them.  I own some and will continue to wear mine as well.

Respected Contributor

I don't see as many in the stores as I used to, but I don't think they are out.

I don't own any. They just aren't my style, and I feel weird in them. I think if you can carry off that look, more power to you. Fashion is all about wearing what fits your personality, attitude, and lifestyle. Just because it looks horrible on you doesn't mean it looks bad on everyone.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I was never a fan and dont own any of these.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@kelsey17 wrote:

I hope so.....

Me too.   They were always out for me.  I bought a dress 2 years ago for my nephew's wedding that had them and took the dress to the alterations place and had her sew them up.  

When deciding on what I wanted to wear to my daughters upcoming wedding she said to me Ma, you can wear anything you want as long as it's not cold shoulder or a high low hemline.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear cold shoulder, bell sleeves, or white shoes/bags.  I am definitely out of style.  I am also not wearing fashions from the 70's.  No bell bottoms or tie dye for me.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!