Valued Contributor

Anyone into Ruanas or Wraps?

I've kinda just "discovered" them, and now I have about 5 or 6.  I live in So. California, and we don't have much cold weather, so these are really perfect for our climate.  Anyone else?

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone into Ruanas or Wraps?

I feel that ruanas and wraps only can be worn in a warm climate. I live in Michigan and am already in my heavy coat, big furry boots and mittens. A wrap just won't get it here. 

"Pure Michigan"
Contributor

I love my wraps in the morning, especially before i turn up the heat.  I think i use less heat because of it.  Good for the skin!!!

Honored Contributor

@chihuahuamom

I have been admiring this one, on sale for $15.

College Plaid Runway Fringe Trim Wrap

My room is very hot, so it's the kind of piece that I could wear short sleeves to work and then cover up if it's not as warm that day.  

Respected Contributor

I have a couple of black wool wraps that I wear when it is a little chilly, but not cold enough for a jacket or coat. Easy to put on and take off and doesn't mess with your hair like a poncho. Here I am at a wedding a while back.

StacyWedding.jpg

Trusted Contributor

LOVE this Wrap LOLA. Have no idea where to purchase. Not avail at Q. Ant hints?

Honored Contributor

@sligo

Neiman Marcus Last Call-

Online Inquiries: LCF18_D31XV   |  Store Inquiries: #2409039

• Neiman Marcus college runway wrap in plaid print with eyelash fringe trim.
  • Wraps around shoulders.
  • Can be styled multiple ways.
  • Approx. 56"L x 56"W.
  • Acrylic.
  • Dry clean.
  • Imported.
Honored Contributor

I wish I could wear them, but I'm just too small for them!

I've tried many over the years, even in petite sizes, as I love the look, but every one just overwhelmed me at 5'3", 105 lbs.

I just looked like I wrapped a huge blanket around me, with 2 'bird legs' barely sticking out.

Enjoy them you lucky ladies, I think the look can be chic and sophisticated!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@chihuahuamom  -  I love them and wear them a lot!  I live in the Southeast (coastal), so ruanas are great when it's chilly but you don't want to overheat in a coat.  I bought the Martha Stewart ruana and love it.  It's a thicker ruana and I also have picked up others from different stores.  I just really like the way they feel and look. 

Regular Contributor

you might want to try the ruana by barefoot dreams if it's in your price range (or wait for a sale).  i am about your size (5'4" and 104 lbs) and I tried it on in a store before deciding that it was perfect for me!  You can adjust it so that it lays different ways on the body.  Otherwise, most of these styles are too big for me too.  

I just splurged and bought this one in chambray for my 50th birthday gift to myself!