Frequent Contributor
Why have these gotten so expensive?? Out my price range .
Honored Contributor

Everything has zoomed up in price everywhere.  First we had the pandemic; now we pay for the pandemic. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Beaches 1956 

Since I've retired, sadly many of the brands here that I loved have priced themselves out of my 'comfortable' range, other that watching for clearance prices, special pricing and free shipping events.

Sigh....but that's how it is, prices go up, services go up, even if I'm not making what I did when I worked, LOL!

Nothing in life stands still, it's always evolving, sometimes for the better.....sometimes not.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor
It’s one of my favorite QVC brands. I haven’t noticed the prices skyrocketing.
Honored Contributor

Like anything else. Quality is poor and I received so many defective items I stopped buying them. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Manufacturers could be raising their prices, knowing that companies are extremely very dependent on them during this time. 

Complete dependence isn't a good thing, imo. 

'Nowhere (else) to go'.  'No way out'.  Etc., etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Everything has zoomed up in price everywhere.  First we had the pandemic; now we pay for the pandemic. 

@Kachina624   I was kinda worried about my property tax, since my house is now "worth" more than anyone in their right mind would pay for it.   Got my bill today, and the tax is the same as previous years.  Whew......   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624   I was kinda worried about my property tax, since my house is now "worth" more than anyone in their right mind would pay for it.   Got my bill today, and the tax is the same as previous years.  Whew......   di

@Desertdi    I've had that though too as house prices have escalated so much and my tax did go up. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi    I've had that though too as house prices have escalated so much and my tax did go up. 

@Kachina624   OUCH!    Of course, NOW we have to worry about what HEALTH INSURANCE is gonna do.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

During the pandemic, the school board decided they wanted a new playground for the kids, so they borrowed $5 million dollars, of course, behind taxpayers backs. 

So, yes my taxes were raised, too, to pay for it.  Residents are furious because of Covid job loss, the current playground is nice, and they had no say in the decision.