Honored Contributor

Any new styles for this fall that are appealing to you this year?

I think I need to get a couple new tops.  I just need to figure out what I need at this point.  I get warm very easily. Don't like neck tops too high.  

Just wonder what color and style (in case I like it) is new this year.  

Comments?

Honored Contributor

Re: Any new styles for this fall that are appealing to you this year?

Take a stroll through your locals shops and boutiques. There are a lot of really cute things in style now outside of QVCworld.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I still enjoy going into the stores and trying things on. 

At least in the stores I know what works for me.

Respected Contributor

Enough with the hi-low hems!!!  I just watched "women with control" show a beautiful top that is ruined with this high low hem!!

If you are even slightly busty, you will already have a hi-low hem, then when you put one on, it simply exaggerates it.  What is flattering about that?

Honored Contributor

I buy 80% of my tops from Dress Barn I find their sales and quality to be just what I need

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen any styles that really grab me this year.  I still like the same old stuff.  Actually, I probably need to get out of my comfort zone and try something new, but I gravitate to traditional, boring styles.   Also, I'm not fond of fall colors - seriously hate browns, olive greens, dark burgundies, etc., so won't even look at anything in those colors.  I need new fall jackets and sweaters, but haven't found anything I like.... yet.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen anything that I am nuts over,  been thinning out my closet, 

Honored Contributor

I haven’t seen any new tops for fall and winter yet that I have loved. Lots of tops right now have bell sleeves or other sleeve details that I don’t like. I did step out of my comfort zone & try on a blouse in Stein Mart last week with sheer gathered romantic sleeves because I loved the pattern & colors in it so much. The sleeves just looked silly on me. I am sure someone else could pull off that look, but it’s not for me. 

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I think I need to get a couple new tops.  I just need to figure out what I need at this point.  I get warm very easily. Don't like neck tops too high.  

Just wonder what color and style (in case I like it) is new this year.  

Comments?

Here is what ELLE magazine thinks what is the biggiest trend of 2018

https://www.elle.com/fashion/trend-reports/g17210148/fall-fashion-trends-2018

Some of the trends include: Plaid, 80's, Hot Pink, Animal Prints, or Colorful Tights.

I did purchase a hot pink blouse (Worthington) from JCPenny this summer. It is actually a great color. This is not the exact blouse (I think it is sold out), but it is in this color. The color is called Adventure Pink.

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 10.18.37 AM.png

Valued Contributor

I really like anything with embroidery this year. I'm completely over the cold shoulder and lace items Smiley Wink