Honored Contributor

I have very few throws but have been looking for one that is solid maroon or purplish-red for a couple years (off-and-on).  Just a nice knit - none of that sherpa stuff.  I know Q has a ton of them on the website but after a few pages of seeing nothing that comes close, I give up.

Honored Contributor

@layla2450 wrote:

Throws can be found EVERYWHERE for less - Macy's, Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx. etc. for BETTER prices than on QVC.

@layla2450  - not everyone can get out and compare prices like you.  Not everyone lives close to one of these stores you named.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

This one from Dennis Basso is beautiful.  Wish it came in my color.  

H232682
Hotel du Cobb Oversized Luxury Ruched Faux Fur Throw by Dennis Basso

These our gorgeous and I do not need anymore throws. I use them on my couch when I am reading in the evening, if I get a little chilly just toss this on or off when I am hot five seconds later. I could see myself purchasing this if the price was right. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Every year Berkshire has a TSV throw. They're pretty much the leaders on the Q for throws. I am on the fence about this year's particular throw. Back in 2017, I Purchased four of their TSV's, and they were so thick! They were like really thick blankets. Everyone loved them. After that, the quality seems to have gone a little downhill, and they are much, much thinner. I live in the Northeast, where the winters are very cold. And with heating costs rising, I would much rather have a thicker throw. That being said, I like the oversize of Berkshire as compared to Dennis Basso's smaller throws. I can't get into his sizing. 

@Effie54 

I noticed that as well. I will not buy any of the Berkshire blankets for that reason. I purchased several when they first came out and the quality was definitely better. I purchase a few more as gifts about two years ago and they were thinner. I was dissappointed. 

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

Another product made with man-made fibers. UGH! My throws are only 100% cotton. If I received this throw, it would go directly to Charity. Why don't gift-givers think about the individuals they are buying for before making such a purchase??

@BirkiLady I'm sure they are thinking about the people they are buying for, but not with the snobby ultra-superior attitude such as yours. They are thinking that perhaps a nice soft, cozy throw might make good practical gift they can use that will last for a while. And I'm sure a homeless person or someone in need would love any kind of throw that may keep them warm and wouldn't care what it's made of. But hey, you do you.

@Cumbercookie13  - thank goodness she's not on my shopping list.  The few that I gave for gifts were more than happy to receive them.

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

I love them and have way more than I need. I like to keep my house a little chilly so it's nice to cuddle up under one when I'm reading or watching TV. My problem is that I like to change out the colors every so often and don't know what to do with the old ones. Since they can't be bleached or laundered like regular blankets, I can't donate to the animal shelters. Originally, I thought it would be a perfect thing to donate to them, imagine how warm it would be for a puppy to snuggle up in!

@Carolina925 

I had a similar issue with old pillows. You can't give them away, but I hated the idea of just throwing them in the garbage.

Luckily on my local Nextdoor someone posted that a pig rescue needed old blankets and such, and would take pillows as well.

It seems the pigs like them not only to snuggle with but to tear up.

Maybe someone in your area is collecting for a local pig rescue!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@layla2450 wrote:

Throws can be found EVERYWHERE for less - Macy's, Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx. etc. for BETTER prices than on QVC.

@layla2450  - not everyone can get out and compare prices like you.  Not everyone lives close to one of these stores you named.  

People can order on line from Macy's, Costco, and TJ Maxx and other retailers that sell throws.

Respected Contributor
My Dennis Basso throws came today. They are lovely. The size might be a little skimpy for my 6’2” youngster who specifically requested it, but my petite mother won’t notice.