Valued Contributor

I have seriously grown weary of trying new things at QVC. Once again I had the post office pick up a return that came yesterday. It was presented as a beautiful sequined drapey vest. Well, when it came and I tried it on, it was hideous. Drapey isn't exactly the word for it. It was HUMONGOUS, and I bought my recommended size. The tie was the crummiest grosgrain ribbon that I would've never used. It hung in all the wrong places and was all bunched up at the neck. I was thinking it would be pretty to put over a pretty blouse with cream colored slacks or over a pretty dress for going to the symphony which I do quite often. After seeing it on, I couldn't imagine ever wearing it.....so there's another wasted expense to return. I'm so done.

From now on, if I buy it will be things I already know fit and are good, quality items. Even that isn't a guarantee from what I've been reading. And as an aside, there was a pair of Clarks uni loop shoes. I own 3 pairs of them and wear them all the time in the fall and winter. They are so comfy and cute with jeans. I have been wanting the navy. They were presented the other night for $129. After hunting around on line, I found them for $89 and some change....navy in my size. I'm losing faith in you Q.

Briggsie

Honored Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggleI'd probably return that also. Just hate that drapey look on me.

I wouldn't blame QVC though if I'd ordered it.  I'd blame me for falling for something shown on the air when I know I'd never buy it from the website or in brick and mortar. 

Valued Contributor

I didn't buy it from a showing on the air. I bought it from the website. It looked nice on the website. It didn't fit. It was ugly.

Honored Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggleGotcha.   Your OP made me think of all the times we saw drapey thin vests on the air  (probably Susan Graver) and they sold and sold and sold.  I kept thinking I should try one -  and then I'd get same again.  Not a good look on my body. I do wonder how many buyers wore them all that much.

Trusted Contributor

I have never been fond of vests and I really don't think a vest was ever meant to be drapey...designers just want to make everything drapey now!!Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Yes.  Sometimes we are reluctant to give up habits.  I already learned the clothing lesson here long ago, and thought I had on shoes as well.  I recently got on waitlist for some Clarks and when I started seeing the reviews come in I knew I had messed up.  I cancelled my waitlist, so I was lucky.  Thinking back, I actually had some of the same concerns expressed in those reviews.  I need to keep my brain in gear.