Respected Contributor

Yesterday a NEW Brook Shields anorak was shown for $74.00 and change...Today the price is up to $82.00 and change.  Well now that just stopped a possible sale.  Prices are so out of control...

Esteemed Contributor

I can't explain the game Q is playing; but I notice every presentation the host continues to say...........that price will go away at the end of the day......or free shipping will go away........or this price is good for only today.  No wonders customers are confused and mad.  Nobody sits on the Q 24 hours a day - to grab every at the moment deal.

Q is hurting themselves.   Have prices and stick to them!

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Yesterday a NEW Brook Shields anorak was shown for $74.00 and change...Today the price is up to $82.00 and change.  Well now that just stopped a possible sale.  Prices are so out of control...

@bargainsgirl   My speaker on my computer has gone out but I believe they said that was a "one-time" only price and that the price would go up today.  

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl   I saw that.  I guess I missed the announcement yesterday that it was at a one day only introductory price. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Yes, that was a special introductory price.  This is common.

Honored Contributor

@fthuntSeems to me QVC's business plan was set when early on.  I know when I wad working and had little time to watch, I bought very little, and if I remember correctly that was because if you weren't watvhing, you couldn't buy.

But I also think now that so many of us are online, there's lots of opportunity to check out items recently on air or various specials.  

And apparently they are not alone in whipping prices around.  I don't even read the Wall Streeet Journal all that often, yet I've fread scAthing articles about how they change prices frequently or charge different prices to different people, publish paid-for reviews sometimes, etc.  Maybe that "free" shipping really isn't free!  I'd never know -  for the year I had Prime, there were Forums there;  never found them again though.

ETA:  In their stores, Macys does the same thing -  one price for a few hours (to get you in their store early) and another price for the rest of the day on many items.  They've been doing that for a long time. (No idea what they do online -  but that's a whole other story.)

Just repeating something over and over doesn't make it true -  and that's true from companies and from potential customers of those companies.

Respected Contributor

Got a great Levi’s anorak jacket from Amazon last fall for a fantastic price. Check there. (Personally I didn’t care for the shiney material.) 

Esteemed Contributor

New items are frequently launched at a limited time special price. Then go up $5 to $15.

How is that new?

Just put it on your wish list and hope they still have your size when the price drops.

Honored Contributor

I went to a local sporting goods store last summer when they had some jackets on clearance. I found a really nice camo anorak w/removable hood and I paid $20 for a $100 jacket.