Valued Contributor

Re: Ankle pants HELP please.

This is a great thread, and I would extend it to crop/capri pants as well. I think the diameter of the leg opening is important for ankle pants as well as crop pants. I like mine close to my leg, and since my calves and ankles are apparently small, I always seem to have to take them to have them tailored which is an added expense since I got rid of my sewing machine a few years ago!

Another minor complaint: even though Isaac's crop pants looked fitted on a rather slender model on tv, on me they were wide legged (go figure....).

I have rolled up the leg of ankle jeans when wearing sandals, I think it is a cute look if the legs are a little wider.

Respected Contributor

I agree that width at the ankle is important, but I will say that there is a lot of variety out there, and sometimes I do see wider leg ankle/crop/capri styles that I think are kind of nice for certain looks. I also agree that the type of shoe one wears with these shorter pant styles makes a big difference. All in all, it depends on the kind of look I'm going for. If it's something "cute" (and I do not use that term in a negative way) or sporty or more casual, I may choose a different style of ankle/crop/capri (and shoes) than I would for a more dressy or sophisticated look.

Honored Contributor

I'm tall and have seen tall ankle pants offered, let's say at JCP and I wonder, are you sure those aren't crops or something? I thought an ankle pant was supposed to hit the ankle, not above.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

I think just brushing the top of the foot right above the ankle bone

would be the correct size.

For fun last week I bought a pair of black crinkle fabric culottes..

not from the Q.

catofashions.com has some really nice ankle-length pants on

their website.

Respected Contributor

On 3/29/2015 care giver said:

It seems like the type of shoe worn with ankle pants is also key but I am not quite sure what the key is?

I agree, the shoes are a key element. I think a kitten heel or some type of heeled sandal a huge help as it elongates the foot and ankle creating more an intentional style than a dowdy "my pants are too short" look.