Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I don't think there are any musts about pant length now.  I don't know where you really define crops, ankle, etc.

Try it on, if you like it and it feels good wear it!  If others don't like it, laugh at their distress and have fun! 

@Sooner   Good morning. I agree that each manufacturer has a different length/definition for a capri, ankle length or cropped pants. Some hit like pedal pushers, but called cropped. I love my ankle length pants because petite pants are too short in the rise for me, so they hit a bit below my ankle, but no hem required and less money involved. 

I find brands or stores that are consitant with length. Ann Taylor carries an ankle pant that's a perfect length for me.  

@Shanus Spot on!  Petites are really hit and miss for me except for Talbots--which is why I order most pants from them.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I don't think there are any musts about pant length now.  I don't know where you really define crops, ankle, etc.

Try it on, if you like it and it feels good wear it!  If others don't like it, laugh at their distress and have fun! 

@Sooner   Good morning. I agree that each manufacturer has a different length/definition for a capri, ankle length or cropped pants. Some hit like pedal pushers, but called cropped. I love my ankle length pants because petite pants are too short in the rise for me, so they hit a bit below my ankle, but no hem required and less money involved. 

I find brands or stores that are consitant with length. Ann Taylor carries an ankle pant that's a perfect length for me.  

@Shanus Spot on!  Petites are really hit and miss for me except for Talbots--which is why I order most pants from them.  

@Sooner   Forgot Talbots and J Crew pants fit me well, but then again, if not ankle length, off to the tailor and after a $20 hem, there goes the sales savings. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I am about finding something that works more than savings because if I find something that works, I save money simply because I'm not buying thing after thing that doesn't work.

Like three Shiseido products that are great for my face--and replace old products thrown out!  I can pretty much depend on the brand as long as I read the label.  

Savings through reliability!  

Honored Contributor

I like ankle pants--for the warmer weather tho--having one heck of a time trying to find crops/capri pants in cool fabrics ----am not a shorts girl and HATE to spend $50 for a pair of shorter pants----

Respected Contributor

On a good day I'm 5'2".  Personally I like ankle pants.  I think they look a bit dressier than crop pants or capris.  I almost always wearing them to church with either a wedge shoe or flats.

We watch a lot of British TV, and I have noticed the pant suits, a lot of woman wear, have ankle pants.  They wear them with high heels. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I like ankle pants--for the warmer weather tho--having one heck of a time trying to find crops/capri pants in cool fabrics ----am not a shorts girl and HATE to spend $50 for a pair of shorter pants----

Have you tried Talbots? When they have sales, their pants can be less than $50. I have had good luck with their pants holding up for more than a year of two. They have ankle length in many different fabrics. I have their chinos and their jeans In ankle length. Love them. In fact, their black denim is amazing...it just never seems to fade.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

I'm short.  Ankle pants fit me like regular pants.  Petite sized pants are out of proportion on me, so I buy regular pants in an ankle length.  Perfect!

I used to love Quacker Factory pants because they are short, not petite.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I would go with a sandal  junebug54

Trusted Contributor

Thanks to everyone for your responses and suggestions.   I tried them on again with different shoes.   Sorry to say I still do not like them on me so into the goodbill they went.   

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

Thanks to everyone for your responses and suggestions.   I tried them on again with different shoes.   Sorry to say I still do not like them on me so into the goodbill they went.   

Probably the best course. I know I have had things that just didn't feel "right" on me, so I passed them along.