Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Try Before You Buy

Qvc isn't listening because they aren't competing with Amazon.  

Honored Contributor

@alohakz wrote:

so basically people can order them...wear them to an event/vacation...& then return them...

i wonder if they launder the returns before they send them to the next customer...

i highly doubt itCat Surprised

as a germ freak i could neverSmiley Surprised

I'm sure that happens but it also happens with the clothing and handbags that QVC customers can keep for 30 days before they decide they don't want it.  I'm buy an outfit or shoes for a special event and return it after they wear it.  That's why I don't buy "as is" stuff.

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

@alohakz 

The clothes or shoes have to be returned unworn, unused, unwashed or undamaged. So that eliminates people wearing stuff to an event and then returning them. I try on the shoes and wear them only on carpet. 

How can they tell that a dress someone wore for a few hours was worn as opposed to only tried on????

Esteemed Contributor

@henderson   yes and does not apply to everything.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D   you select return and will be asked why then they send you a lin with a QR code which you can take to any ups store. They will scan the code from your phone and print you a receipt.  Or if there is a Amazon warehouse/hub locker near you you can drop it off at their location.  Refunds are credited almost instantly.   Warming.  A lot of items are made in China by Chinese companies and the sizing can be challenging

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9    That is very true.   I;ve had that experience too many times ordering clothing from Amazon 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

Am I missing something here? Prime membership is not free so it's a real stretch to say shipping is "free." 

@pupwhipped   I buy almost everything I need or want on Amazon... for me the prime membership pays for itself 10 fold. I do not need to go to the store. It comes to me. Free shipping and returns... save on gas... my time... and I can get things that my local stores never carry.  It is a Win Win Plus Plus for me.

Yes!! Totally agree. My city is an Amazon hub (Lakeland Florida); the Prime Air planes fly low over my house twice a day. I'm about to have a "drop here" sign painted on my roof. Haha. A lot of times my order arrives about two hours after the plane lands. I'm a fan! Am I have tried the try before you buy. Easy and convenient. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

I just tried this in purchasing a handbag.  I have 7 days from the day it is delivered to send it back and won't be charged, plus free shipping & returns.  I do get my moneys worth with have a prime membership.  If there is something I like that the Q has I always check to see if I can get it cheaper and most times I do.

Honored Contributor

Just recently bought three pairs of crop jeans that were to big, I was able to print out a packing slip bring them to a UPS store unwrapped, and the did all the work, it was a very easy process

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.