Valued Contributor

Everytime I ask for a replacement/exchange, about 95% of the time (and I do not do this often), QVC simply issues a refund.  I believe I have correctly received an exchange twice, and more often have simply received a refund (and yes the items I wanted were in stock).  Customer Service makes it right, but this should not be happening.

Contributor

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

@just wonder Same here.....I have always had to call in to CS to have them send me the requested exchanged  size. I have also highlighted with a marker the exchange. Not sure what more to do except deal with it?????

Honored Contributor

@just wonder    QVC's so-called exchange program is and has been a big joke since it's inception.  It's much easier to issue a refund than go through the more tedious exchange process.  It's obvious management is not and never has been fully committed to making it work correctly.

If I really want an item but need a different size, I just reorder it, knowing it will cost me more, disregarding the iffy exchange process, and do a standard return on the unsatisfactory item.  I may have to discontinue this practice with the increase in s&h and just return it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They needed to solve their shipping/return issues before adding one more time-consuming, data-needing task to that part of the company.

Not that I believe they can even hire enough help to fix the return issues.  Isn't the overabundance of returns the reason so very many returns from other companies never move far from the local places where we drop things off?  

Valued Contributor

This has also happened to me multiple times i don't even bother customer service as by the time I find out its been refunded instead of exchanged, I don't even want it anymore.   Can't understand how QVC doesn't realize how much business they are losing by ignoring exchanges. 

Regular Contributor

HSN has a better exchange policy.  You can call CS and say you want a different size/color and, if it's in stock, they will immediately ship it to you.  You just have to promise to send the other one back.  If you don't do that within a specific time (30 days?), you get charged for the second one.

One thing that I always laugh at when a host is presenting an item -- They say if the one you order doesn't fit or you'd rather have a different color, "you can always exhange it."  That is said with absolute certainty, of course ignoring that the new size/color may be sold out by the time you decide you want to exchange.

Honored Contributor

I go ahead and buy what I need and wait for the refund.  I don't exchange, too iffy!