Honored Contributor

I don't care for the frills, lace, or boho look.  I prefer a more simple look.  I'll take this one below:

image.png

Honored Contributor

I have been a bridesmaid and maid of honor in quite a few weddings.  Thank heavens I never had to wear a dress that looked like any of those shown.

Yuck....I am not into the fru fry cupcake dresses and the skimpy tight dresses with skimpy bodices would never hide my DD's.

I can't imagine anyone being happy wearing any one of those dresses.. Many look like the dresses my sister wore when she was a bridesmaid back in the 60's.  

We always laugh when we go through those pictures.  They are awful.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Lordy! Nice to see the timeless tradition of horrendous bridesmaid dresses continues on! LOL! ....it's sort of a karmic payback, perhaps......they are ALL hideous. 

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   That blue one is one of my favorites, too. I also like the pink one in #3. The simple white wedding dress in #23 is very pretty IMO.

Aah, to be young again.

@Kachina624  I agree. The designs & dresses have evolved from when we were young.

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361   What style did your bridesmaids wear?

I was married in winter. My dress had a matching cape with a hood & a muff, and my bridesmaids had short jackets with hoods that matched their dresses.

IMO today's brides (& for their bridesmaids) have a greater variety of styles to choose from than back in the day, most have good taste, and they seem to like designer styles.

Honored Contributor

Kind of goes from Bo Peep to Peep Show doesn't it? Honestly, I'm not a fan of most of them.  But I never claim to be up on fashion.

But to me, a bridesmaid dress shouldn't call attention to itself, just be a pretty enhancement to the wedding party look.

Respected Contributor

The Marchesa website  has an entire section just devoted to brides' and bridesmaids'dresses.  Sadly, I am now way past the bridesmaid age.

Here a few examples:

Honored Contributor

I was a bridesmaid several times eons ago and we certainly never had anything like these!  They were pretty dowdy but of course as I said, it was a long time ago.  Still, I doubt we could have afforded any of these dresses!  A lof them are so pretty they might outshine the bride!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor
Most of these are hideous, IMHO. However, I do love number 7.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I like different dresses for bridesmaids.