Super Contributor

Again . . .Host and Model sizing

Ok, ok, . . .I know it's been the subject on these boards several times but I cannot believe the sizes so many "claim" they are wearing. Either my eyesight is horrible or my 1 yr old Samsung 4k HD 55" TV is a lemon! The sizes these people claim to be wearing is ridiculous. I was watching on QVC2 a replay of denim & company with the host Terry Conn (?) and she was presenting a SS top and said the arms were tight on her as she was in the  XXS instead of XS. I about choked on my coffee! C'mon. It's like the host go out of their way to say the "real" size, what's wrong with being an 8, or a 22, or a 24???? NOTHING!!!! I have 2 nieces, one is 24 and her sister is 19. They are XS and S. These grown women are no where near looking like my nieces. It's funny but frustrating.

The host must read these boards because last weekend JT was doing a Kim G hour and she made reference to comments people make about the size she claims to wear.

Just own it like I do!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Again . . .Host and Model sizing

Keep in mind that TV makes people look much larger than they actually are in real life. That's why I really like seeing the model " Bonnie" because she's always in size 10 or there about and that's what I wear. I do agree however that some hosts seem to like announcing thAt they're in a xxx xxx small! LOL

Respected Contributor

Amen. When a jacket with buttons/zipper doesn’t meet by 6 inches in front it looks crazy because the jacket is meant to be zipped up if you’re outside and it’s cold!  

And note to Breezies, when you only offer a bra style in DD, then you can’t have an E or an F model.  

Last night the  Isaac Mizrahi host Jane Tracey had on a shirt, and when she turned her back to the camera, it was very obvious that it was way way way too small for her.

Is there any follow-up to the Costumer who puts these looks together?

Honored Contributor

@coloverI find even in "real life" people have little idea of what size someone else is wearing.  Can't imagine I'd be correct for someone on a TV screen. -

Honored Contributor

Jane T was referring to her FB page,  so many on there must think her sizing is off too.

@colover 

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

They're selling to larger size customers too, so whether intentional or not there does seem to be  a consistent aversion to wearing a larger more well fitting size.

Yes the camera adds weight but it's obvious when things are far too small. On hosts and models.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Aversion even when one is very small. Olive green dress right now is all I'm sayin. People of course can wear whatever size they choose to wear.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Aversion even when one is very small. Olive green dress right now is all I'm sayin. People of course can wear whatever size they choose to wear.

Glory be. That was my first reaction when I saw the host in this skintight dress.   I am tall and thin but I can’t think of any place that I would wear a dress that tight. (Except under the TSV maybe, which I wouldn’t dare take off.)

Esteemed Contributor

I think most of the time they are stating the actual size they are wearing because 9 times out of 10 the clothes are too tight and obviously too small..............the other day i was

watching JT and IM and she was wearing a opened sweatshirt type hoodie and mentioned her size and she has at least 5-6 inches of a gap at the front zipper area..........doubt she could have zipped that up comfortably....................i remember hearing Louis D. once mention that at times the clothing should be a size larger

Honored Contributor

I'm guessing that some people believe their "actual size" is the smallest size that they can squeeze their body into.

Can't remember who the vendor was - but one model was wearing a jacket so tight that it looked like the sleeves would cut off circulation in her arms!