Occasional Contributor

I just discovered the OTO Kim Gravel sweater I purchased during fashion days is an advanced order. This was never mentioned during the presentation so I have no clue when it will arrive.  I understand the supply chain issues but the lack of transpancy is frustrating. 

Super Contributor

I watched Kim's  show and wanted to order the dip dyed sweater -  I don't know if you are refering to the sweater, but it had a special price for the show.  I wasn't able to order even on the waitlist.  I went back this morning to see if it's available, low and behold many of the sizes and colors are available.  I don't know  if it's advanced order, don't mind if it is.  But, do you think they only have a few at the special price and then raise it back to regular price.  The little flash pop up said 2,147 order today!  Make me go , hmm.  I do agree if it's advance order it needed to be clearly notified.  Maybe alot have cancelled because it is an advanced order and they are frustrated also.  

Honored Contributor

And now it's $10 more than the One Time Only price when it wasn't available.......funny, huh?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom can shoppers cancel if an order is marked advanced?  

I pay so little attention to the details because I am so determined not to buy any new clothes for at least another 6 months -- not here or anywhere else.  

Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

Yes, if an order is 'advance order' it can be cancelled, just like a 'waitlist' order.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   so maybe the next day availability is because people cancelled after the special price ended.  That's not funny at all - but it does say that if you order and cancel, it could cost someone else the special price.

if you owned the business, how would you choose to solve the problem?

Honored Contributor

Re: Advance Order

[ Edited ]

@millieshops 

I was trying to say that many customers order a special price item in multiple sizes/colors in case it sells out, then change their mind after the sale price is over for anyone who missed them before they sold out.

There's nothing QVC can do to prevent this, the 'funny' part was towards customers who have a habit of doing this and they admit it on posts here.

Respected Contributor
I ordered it on the app and it was clearly marked advance order. It’s too warm to wear it here now anyway.
Esteemed Contributor
I just looked on my phone and I really don’t see anywhere on the product page that it’s advance order. I did see it when I put in my cart - not that I would have noticed it if I wasn’t looking for it in my rush to check out. I also tried using “speed buy”. The part that says advance order is located lower on the page and is not what the screen immediately shows - it immediately wants you to finish your purchase.

I agree with the OP - the hosts need to make it clear and the website also should be more obvious. At least when you buy something on waitlist, there is a pop up so you know - maybe something like that would be helpful? I also understand supply issues, etc etc. But be transparent - just makes them look sneaky IMO.
Honored Contributor

I have a question...

I placed an order before the extended holiday return kicked in but it's an advanced order which won't ship until 9/20. So does that qualify the order for holiday returns? TIA