Trusted Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat Time - 7am on 02-20-16

Morning everyone!

All I see that catches my eye are the Isaac 24/7 ankle pants.  Love the blue.  They tend to shrink no matter how you wash and dry them.  My psyche can't handle sizing up. 😏

Honored Contributor

I've wondered for quite some time.... what is the big whoop about Italian leather?  Do they feed their cows something different that changes the leather at the physical level or is it the way Italian's process the leather?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

Morning everyone!

All I see that catches my eye are the Isaac 24/7 ankle pants.  Love the blue.  They tend to shrink no matter how you wash and dry them.  My psyche can't handle sizing up. 😏

There is a TS coming up in March

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, wouldn't you think that if their processes brought in so much more money for the product...that everyone would use that same process? lol I bought a leather jacket in Rome, many years ago, and yes it was incredibly soft. I loved it so much and wore it at every opportunity, sadly i gained weight and 'outgrew' it. Gave it to a friend. Wish I had kept it, it would fit me now, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I've wondered for quite some time.... what is the big whoop about Italian leather?  Do they feed their cows something different that changes the leather at the physical level or is it the way Italian's process the leather?

Good question

at one time it probably held more "importance" than now, I'd go with the tanning process.  

Remember back in the day when buying cashmere was a big deal? Now it's in every shop

Honored Contributor

So, since I changed over to the Lone Ranger on COZI tv, lol, what do you think about the new line within Denim & Co - the Studio line?  I caught some of the presentation for the new top/tank this morning as I was making my birds their breakfast treat. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Here we go....  Twenty four hour of beauty yesterday, and they have to harp on Wen for what will turn into a half hour this morning...

Trusted Contributor

I tried Wen, but it made my hair flat.  It's great for shaving your legs.  Better than shaving cream.

Honored Contributor

While we are enjoying the WEN presentation (lol), I will share a funny/scary story from my trucker girl from yesterday. She was near Chicago at the time;

"I just flew through the air. Trying to get my trailer doors open at the shipper. 40 mph wind speeds with 60 mph gusts. Trying to regain composure. Two men came running to my rescue but they were too late. I was airborne. I think I have twisted my ankle, bruised my behind and scraped up my arms, palms of my hands and damaged my pride. Once I got up I yelled, Did you see that? One of the guys just started cracking up laughing. I can only imagine what that must have looked like. Next couple days might be a little rough".

I haven't heard from her yet this morning, but I bet she is sore. Oh, she did say later that she didn't think her ankle was twisted, just scraped up. Twisted or sprained ankle would not be good, in her profession of gear jamming all day long. It is not a glamorous life, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

So, since I changed over to the Lone Ranger on COZI tv, lol, what do you think about the new line within Denim & Co - the Studio line?  I caught some of the presentation for the new top/tank this morning as I was making my birds their breakfast treat. 

I have seen a couple different products presented to date, so far, I am not impressed, but am hoping for more/better to come.