Honored Contributor

AM Style Chat Saturday, October 12, 2024 7AM

[ Edited ]

Good morning!

What's happening in your neck of the woods? 🌳 🍂 🍁 

What do you have planned for the weekend?

It's going to be a nice day here weather-wise! 🌞 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat Saturday, October 12, 2024 7AM

Good morning!  I just got up (7 am). ...my husband could not sleep and got up early, ugh.  The rule is weekends we sleep in until around 7 am..I am up every weekday morning at 6 am, he broke the rule today.

I am watching Leah right now there may be something I 'need'.

It's about 57 degrees this morning, my task today is to finish putting all the summer things in the yard away for the winter and make sure my garage is clean..I can't stand a cluttered garage.  Of course there the other weekend tasks, laundry, cleaning....

We were supposed to get rain, we did not get any overnight.  We need rain badly.

Have a good day

Respected Contributor

Good morning! Weather here has certainly changed, I love these cool nights and mornings. It was very comforting to be able to snuggle up in my bed last night under the covers. It has been a while since I've wanted anything other than a sheet covering me. Looking forward to putting on my fleece sheets in another few weeks.

Still reeling from the devastation in Western NC; I was to be there this weekend and it just hurts my soul knowing what they're facing.

I need to work on my garage, too. Need to get it straightened out so I can get ready to put my delicate plants inside for their winter's nap. I got some trees trimmed and removed this past week so I have plenty of yard cleanup to do and perfect weather for it.

I'm ready to start getting some new winter tops, just haven't seen anything that I loved yet. With the current prices, I have to LOVE something before I purchase.l

Enjoy your weekend, whatever is in your plans, and don't forget to stop every once in a while to watch the leaves in their final dance.

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 @Mom2Dogs 

@Carolina925 

I wasn't aware that western NC got hit bad...will go and look this up.

@Mom2Dogs 

Me too...loving the cool mornings!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carolina925 @Mom2Dogs 

Ordered the Landes stuff/iced pretzels that were a TSV. Since they are individually wrapped, I figured they might make nice gifts. 
Hope they are good!

IMG_2713.jpeg

Honored Contributor

We are finishing up unloading the uhaul.  I am frantically searching for my computer mouse.  This touch screen thing has never been appealing and dont like it at all.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie   I thought the same thing about using a mouse...could not use my compuater with out it..when I purchased my Macbook Air, I could have attaced a mouse but tried the tracpad...I adjusted and now really like it!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs ..........Im glad you adjusted and like your tracpad.  I absolutely hate the touch thing.  I want my mouse, boo hoo.  I will find it soon. Woman LOL

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

Good Morning! I woke up at 4 AM and can't go back to sleep, ugh. Possibly a nap later? 

What state do you ladies live in? I live in Arizona and the highs here are finally dropping below 100 degress. We have had a very hot and long summer; however, we are fortunate compared to the southern states being pelted with hurricanes and tornado"s.

I hope the weather we have all experienced this year is not what we will have to experience in following years.  

My daughter and I went to the big Phoenix Greek Festival yesterday and had a lot of fun shopping, eating and drinking Greek white wine. On the way we saw a car engulfed in flames on the freeway. I pray no one was left inside the car. came home and watched ASU beat Utah (football). Since I am a  ASU alumni I was doing the happy dance. 

Besides church tomorrow and doing chores around the house the rest of my weekend is clear to relax. Of course being retired everyday is a weekend lol. 

Have a restful and fun weekend ladies. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning all!

Woke up early but still in bed watching Leah and the tsv.  I might have gotten navy but that color is gone in my size and hard to find.

Beautiful sunny day today but chilly we had to put the heat on.  Time to transition to the cooler weather so I am pulling out sweaters, etc.

Church tomorrow and figuring out what to cook for dinner.